I've been looking at different places, some say they are good, some bad but I saw an ad on CL selling a pair for 40 bucks and I was thinking about buying them to put in my agile les paul since the stock pups don't have that much clarity.
Can anyone offer some input on the output?
They're not BAD, just disappointing. When people see the EMG name, they expect a certain tone. The HZ's, being passive pickups, can not deliver said tone which makes many people upset.

Like Hunter said, most Jackson Dinky's come stock with them, as do some low-end Schecters. Try them before you buy them.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
honestly, i think they fail. Seymour duncans kill them in every aspect IMO.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
^Agreed, to a point. The HZ's are good as a cheaper-ish alternative to proper Duncans.

Quote by bv310
^Agreed, to a point. The HZ's are good as a cheaper-ish alternative to proper Duncans.

I agree with this completely. SD's are my favorite passive humbuckers, but EMG HZ's are a good alternative to crappy licensed Duncans or whatever.
Exactly. The "Duncan Designed" pups that they put into lowest-end Schecters are much worse than HZ's

I wouldn't say bad, just not really good. Its like why buy them. If they come stock its better than most stock pups except the ones that have really duncans and emgs.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
My friend has an LTD F-200, and it had the H2's in it. I swapped the bridge pickup for him though and put in my Edwards' old H4

He's digging it
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Its relative. They should be a step up from the stock stuff in many low end guitars. For the right price not a bad investment. But certainly not worth new retail price.
What about the new Alexi HZ? Has anyone tried that yet?

I've been contemplating that pickup since I heard it was being made because I really dig CoB's sound.

On an unrelated note, I have an SD Custom Custom in my Kramer Vanguard and it's not bassy enough for me. What would be a good alternative? I've heard the Custom 5 has more balls than the CC. Is that true?

Edit: Sorry for the hijack ^-^;
I have EMG HZ's in my Schecter Damien FR. I personally like these pickups. They sound really good for metal (As far as passive pickups go). I would jump on that deal if you get both pickups for $40. I know I would.
just for pure info SD's crush EMG's in the clean department,
and EMG's cruch SD's in teh br00talz Metal.
______gear_________
schecter diamond series c-7
dean xm vendetta
digitech rp250
peavey audition

Hail My Dark Lord and Master
Well I just replaced the HZ's in my Jackson Dinky to the 81/85 set, and I'll tell you they aren't close to the sound of the actives, but I'm not going to say they're bad.