A guy in my area is selling a Boss OD-20 for cheep and I've been in need for a distortion pedal.
Does anyone know if would be good for playing metal? Anything thats like Strapping Young Lad, Between the buried and Me, Lamb of God, etc ?

thanks
It should, seeing as it has a model for the HM-2. Also, you could use the overdrives along with the drive channel on your amp for a metal sound. What amp are you using?
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Quote by boboguitar
It should, seeing as it has a model for the HM-2. Also, you could use the overdrives along with the drive channel on your amp for a metal sound. What amp are you using?

currently using a Crate GLX-65
If I were you, I'd work on finding an amp with a better drive channel rather than buying a pedal. How much do you have to spend?
Quote by Rockford_rocks

hmmm.. not much. maybe up $300? college is emptying my bank account at the moment I have been wanting to upgrade to higher quality and louder amp though. But the clean channel on the crate glx65 has been great and does sound good with distortion pedals.
Well, if you're fine with just using the clean tones on your Crate and are looking for a pedal, I'd recommend the EHX Metal Muff as long as you're just playing metal. If you want to play more than metal, you could probably buy a TS or some cheaper clone like a Bad Monkey.
Quote by Rockford_rocks

yeah I've ordered a Metal Muff (with top boost) at my local music store almost 2 months ago and it still hasn't come in. And that's why I was considering this Boss OD-20 since its in the area for cheap and I've been yearning for the day when I no longer have to use my amps ****ty drive channel.
Thanks for the advice, boboguitar
The OD20 is meh. It does alot of stuff and the octave down is nice feature. I had one and sold it, it was ok but not great. Getting the stand alone pedal of the setting you want to use would be better.