okay, so i went to a gig and was gonna use my behringer LX112 bc it was a smallish venue and i run it through the system anyways.
So, some punk plugged it into a plug that a washer/dryer goes in..
It made this loud noise...
but it still worked..

when i brought it back to my practice place, it would turn on..but no sound would go through it..even using an external speaker..

help?
what can i do to fix it?
Well a washer runs on the same voltage as your amp, shouldnt be an issue. Doubt it would plug into what a dryer uses unless a hammer was used. It is a behringer which arent known for their reliability.
Quote by kyle62
Did you run it at any point without a speaker load? That's the only thing I can think of.

it was running through the system...other than that, idk..
Quote by kyle62
Did you run it at any point without a speaker load? That's the only thing I can think of.

Doesn't affect SS amps.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Alex Vik
How could you do that with a combo amp?

Woryingly easily. A large percentage of combos has the speaker plugged in via a jack at the back - in my old Boogie I sometimes managed to accidentally unplug the speaker whilst moving the amp around and it's just as well I always checked before powering it up....

Quote by oneblackened
Doesn't affect SS amps.
Not usually, but I've seen an old Marshall Lead 100 get damaged that way. It's very uncommon in solid-state amps but its still best to avoid running them without a load for any length of time.
Your main problem is that you're using a Behringer. Replace it, preferably with something decent. Normally I don't flame, but behringer really does make a ton of junk.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.