hey... um... i am look for an electric guitar. to buy.
which is under bout $1400. i am an experienced guitar player, having been playing acoustic for the last 2 years. I want to get an electric guitar which is made for rock/metal but not strictly metal, and does not have a f-rose bridge system.. any ideas?
Well, there are a ton of options out there. My first thought - Strat. But then again, I'm biased. I hear ESP's are nice. Jackson's would be good here too.
Look at some ESP/LTD guitars. I would avoid the models with EMGs though if you dont want the guitar strictly for metal. I find It difficult for EMGs to do any thing other than metal and hard rock. Maybe look at some jacksons too.
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL
ok.. i have been looking at indie electrics and epiphones they look appealing xD
a little more info would be appreciated to narrow things down, although 1.4k does give you quite a bit to work with.

look into brands like esp, ibanez.jackson if you want one with a FR.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by MetalGuitarest
Schecter C-1 Classic.. perfect for yeh

This. Seymour Duncans + Coil Taps = Perfect for your playstyle.
For $1400 Australian you can get heaps. I recommend an Ibanez for a variety guitar (make sure it doesnt have active pickups, as a fair amount of ibanez guitars stock actives)
Quote by pixysticks
This. Seymour Duncans + Coil Taps = Perfect for your playstyle.

Doesn't get any more versatile (or playable IMO) than this. Get the 3 tone sunburst - I've literally seen people drool over that guitar.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Carvin will get you more guitar for that money than any other brand, IMO. If you're in the US, that is.
Quote by stratman7
Carvin will get you more guitar for that money than any other brand, IMO. If you're in the US, that is.

australia
thanks for everyones help, but i just went and bout my self a nice little Cort EVl Z6. $700 Australian. quite a bargin