Page 1 of 2
Let's see if anybody can have some fun with this. Probably is going to be more prevalent in older recordings, but post some mistakes you've heard make it on to the final cut of an album.

I'll start it off,

Around the 3 minute mark of "Let It Be", after Paul sings "I wake up to the sound of music" you can hear him hit a wrong note on his piano, and if you watch the video which is nothing but showing them recording it live, you can see him look down quickly and recover.

Just to put up a flame shield, yeah I know Paul McCartney can play the piano. This track was recorded completely live in the studio, so seeing as how everything else was right on, I can see why they let one half step mix up on the record.
theres a possiblity that your wroung because the beatles did things like this in a few of their songs
this would be a good thread if it were easier to find examples of it.....
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
that bit in polly by nirvana, he starts singin to early and they left it in because they liked it.
Quote by tom708
that bit in polly by nirvana, he starts singin to early and they left it in because they liked it.

"Polly says... Polly says her back hurts"

Led Zeppelin left mistakes on records a lot, can't think of any examples right now, though.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Sep 19, 2009,
In Polly by Nirvana, Kurt comes in on one of the verses early saying "polly said" like a measure too soon.
Stairway to Heaven. Page mutes a note that should be ringing out. during the slow part.
In Whacko Jacko Steals the Elephant Man's Bones (for S/T) by The Fall of Troy, the bassist rushes to get a line in.

On the last song on the same album, you can hear the bassist crack up around 2 minutes in.
In NOFX's early days, they would record entire albums without proper guitar tuners
O yeah, how could i forget. The drums on St. Anger. sounds like trash cans.
the intro to good riddance (time of your life) by green day...billie joe plays it wrong twice and then says "****" and gets it right the next time
also temptation by slayer has 2 different vocal rhythms playing simultaneously...info at the seasons in the abyss wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasons_in_the_abyss
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i read on the toilet.
sometimes i'm even on UG or AIM.
laptops + wireless = The Pit on the toilet.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Cannibal Corpse transcend genres and stereotypes with their emotional and heartfelt take on music.
Quote by crazy8rgood
"Polly says... Polly says her back hurts"

Led Zeppelin left mistakes on records a lot, can't think of any examples right now, though.

I think during "Friends" or something Jimmy Page says "****" because he messed up or something like that.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by thankyougermany
I think during "Friends" or something Jimmy Page says "****" because he messed up or something like that.

its in the beginning studio dialogue before he starts playing. its just studio banter.

zeppelin also left in the squeak on bonzo's base pedal on a few songs.
At 5:28 in "Mode D, E, F..." from Charles Mingus' Black Saint and the Sinner Lady, someone (probably Mingus) shouts out "goddamnit".

Not really much, but I guess I just find it amusing how he could possibly get angry while recording something so perfect.
Jimi Hendrix, on The Wind Cries Mary, strums the first C chord a little late, cause it's supposed to line up with the snare hit, but I think it sounds better the way they left it.
You can find a mistake in just about every Beatles song, like in Birthday, the second time Paul sings "Daaaance" it's "Daaaance...aaaaance!".

And in Day Tripper the guitar cuts out a couple times.

In Hey Jude, you can hear someone say either "F***ing Hell" or "Bloody Hell" (sounds more like the first one)

In Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, in the last verse Paul mixes up Desmond's and Molly's names.

And in other bands...

In the Crunge by Led Zeppelin, you can clearly hear Robert Plant take a breath to sing a line, but he pauses.

During the keyboard solo in All of My Love by Zeppelin, if you listen closely you can hear him accidentally hit a wrong key.

During Bob Dylan's 115th dream by..well...Bob Dylan, some people burst out into laughter for no apparent reason and they have to restart the song.

Zeppelin and Beatles are gold mines for mistakes, I like it that way, you don't want to be overproduced. To me it's like a photoshopped model, what you're looking at (listening to) just doesn't look (sound) real.
Last edited by !@#$ at Sep 19, 2009,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVuZOJECYqw

At around 2:16 you can hear a bad bend. Kirk has repeatedly apologized for this.

EDIT: Thought of another one. In Sleep Now in the Fire-Rage Against the Machine, at the end of the song you can hear a Korean radio station that Tom's amp picked up. They tried to take it off the record, but they couldn't do it.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Last edited by maidenfan15 at Sep 20, 2009,
all of Kurt Kirkwood's bass parts on Meat Puppets II, he was quite the terrible bassist XD But he made up for it by still sounding rather amazing despite the many mistakes and rushes
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Right before Eddie Van Halen's solo on beat it you can hear knocking.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
Right before Eddie Van Halen's solo on beat it you can hear knocking.

yeah there was a fire in the studio, their monitors caught fire apparantly
Quote by lucertia.
yeah there was a fire in the studio, their monitors caught fire apparantly

I thought the story was that somebody tried to come in while Eddie was recording.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Mistakes on the records? In Unchained by Van Halen, when you hear the guy say" c'mon dave, gimme a break" that wasn't supposed to happen, that was their producer and thought dave was being obnoxious. But they like the way it sounded, so they kept it.

Hmm, what else?

Oh, yeah

Chinese Democracy
Gear
Fender MIM hss strat 1997
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
Quote by maidenfan15
I thought the story was that somebody tried to come in while Eddie was recording.

yeah because the monitors were on fire!
Jack White's entire career.

Not saying the music's bad. I love most all of his work. But he's not one to go back and fix the imperfections, for better or worse.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the beginning of "Sweet Home Alabama" you hear Ronnie say "Turn it up" He was talking to the sound guy.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
the really high squeal in the main solo of master of puppets was an accident that sounded cool so they left it in. Kirk hammet hasn't been able to do it again. Apparently the high e got hooked on the edge of the fretboard or something.
Master of Puppets, the last note of Kirk's solo is a mistake. The string slipped off the board onto the neck pu and made that high note. He's never been able to replicate it.

EDIT:^The hell! That's funny.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Theres some SOAD song where Daron hits some open strings, but its really faint and I don't remember which song it is. It was a clean riff though, I think newer.
Quote by Butthead
Master of Puppets, the last note of Kirk's solo is a mistake. The string slipped off the board onto the neck pu and made that high note. He's never been able to replicate it.

EDIT:^The hell! That's funny.

I've heard it's possible if you pinch harmonic a certain note

I would please like links to the red stuff in your sig.
Man, I've always heard that mistake in Let It Be and I've tried googling it but never found anything on it. It's so obvious to me that I'm shocked they left it in.
Quote by fallenangel20
Jack White's entire career.

Not saying the music's bad. I love most all of his work. But he's not one to go back and fix the imperfections, for better or worse.

This but i like it. I don't get how people get wound up if a bend is out of tune or a string or whatever. So what?
On a few songs on the album Sci Fi Crimes by Chevelle, the singer's (Pete Loeffler) voice cracks.
Quote by Kurinchiru
I've heard it's possible if you pinch harmonic a certain note

I think that's what he does when they play it live, I read it in guitar world or something.
Page 1 of 2