Hey guys, I'm getting a new amp soonish (couple more months), i'm goin for a tube amp half stack or a combo that I can do larger gigs with. I was thinkin about getting a used Peavey 5150 and a marshall4x12(for now). What do you guys think?
I play mainly metal/melo death/prog metal shredtastic stuff. EX: Scar Symmetry, Disarmonia Mundi, Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Symphony X, ect.

Any other suggestions?
Or what do you think of the 5150/marshall?
Quote by t heff
so perry how would u test the tightness of a pocket on a neck through? i mean if it can hold the wings to it then its ****ing amazing without glue
Budget would be aaround $750-$900
Mainly distorted high gain sounds, I rarely use clean channels.
Quote by t heff
so perry how would u test the tightness of a pocket on a neck through? i mean if it can hold the wings to it then its ****ing amazing without glue
Quote by ViperCustoms
Budget would be aaround $750-$900
Mainly distorted high gain sounds, I rarely use clean channels.

then the 5150 is fine
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Hmm... what about the line 6 spider valve? theyre about the same price
Quote by t heff
The Spider Valve would be good if you want to spend a little less. The head is on sale for $449 right now, and the combo is for sale for $399 and $499 for the 212.
Yeah I saw that on ebay, which is an amazing price. Just whichever one could get more brutal I guess lol

I'd be using ESP M-II, Dean Razorback V, and in a few months a custom 7 string
Quote by t heff