stepping up my tone. I've narrowed it down to two amps. The Orange Tiny terror combo and The vox ac30. Im not to concerned with power. Tell me what you think. Share your opinion.
what kind of music will you be playing ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
what kind of music will you be playing ?

This, and are you aware that there's is a big price difference (almost 1000$) between those two?
I can understand a night train and terror, but thats a big price difference like the above said.
Vox fo sho. I can't stand the TT. It's way too muddy.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
that's kinda like asking "do you like apples or baseball?"

I like apples... and the Vox
VOX AC30 , it speaks for itself.
Quote by ljohn
The thing is, in a band like chickenfoot, think of the JSX as a submarine and the Marshall as a plane. No matter how good the submarine is, it might be the perfect submarine, if you need a plane, a submarine ain't gonna do it for you.
to give TS a little more info on these, other than which one we all seem to prefer...

the AC30 is a classic, has been used on countless major productions since it's release in 1958. charchterized by it's smooth and gentle, yet creamy breakup when overdriven, and sparkling clean tones, the ac30 is a favorite amongst country, classic rock, and inde musicians.

My experience with the Tiny Terror is rather limited; however, another amp by Orange that could in some ways be considered "on par" would be their rockverb, which is reminiscent of classic "british" voiced amps, albeit with a little more umph.

while both amps are suitable, and in many cases ideal, for classic rock type tones, the rockverb wins in aggression, whereas the ac30 has substantially better cleans and arguably better dynamics.
Quote by GrisKy
to give TS a little more info on these, other than which one we all seem to prefer...

the AC30 is a classic, has been used on countless major productions since it's release in 1958. charchterized by it's smooth and gentle, yet creamy breakup when overdriven, and sparkling clean tones, the ac30 is a favorite amongst country, classic rock, and inde musicians.

My experience with the Tiny Terror is rather limited; however, another amp by Orange that could in some ways be considered "on par" would be their rockverb, which is reminiscent of classic "british" voiced amps, albeit with a little more umph.

while both amps are suitable, and in many cases ideal, for classic rock type tones, the rockverb wins in aggression, whereas the ac30 has substantially better cleans and arguably better dynamics.

TS, listen to this man.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
i suppose in many ways it boils down to mikey's question, what style will you be playing (if you had to narrow it down to one style that best suits your desired tone). perhaps neither of these amps would be best in your case?

from a personal standpoint, i find it extremely hard to NOT find a use for the ac30, regardless of genre, even in metal (if only to layer certain parts). i really love that amp... and have serious GAS for the 2004 model, though i wouldn't reccommend it as your primary amp if you do infact play heavier styles of music.
I would've thought that the Orange AD 30 combo would be a more equal match between a Vox AC30.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
The Tiny Terror is rather overrated. It was great when it came out, but now there are many better amps. But the AC30 is a classic and one of the best bang for the buck amps you can find!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Cbulsender
Punk and classic rock.

I'm talking the cheapest of the AC30's theres a two hundred dollar price difference.
Quote by Cbulsender
I'm talking the cheapest of the AC30's theres a two hundred dollar price difference.

The cheapest AC30s are like 1000-1500$
I think you are not talking about the right amp there, maybe you mean the AC 15? It would make more sense

Edit:
AC30: http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=364&CategoryID=
AC15: http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=361&CategoryID=

But, anyway, the vox is better than the TT by far imo
Last edited by Sguit at Sep 20, 2009,
If your only deciding between the tt and the ac30, go for the ac30. BUT!!!! What I'm saying is, go for the orange dual terror, its like the tiny terror but has 2 channels and one you could make your clean I tried and ac30 combo, and it sounded a little too bright for me... but seriously, check out the Dual Terror.
( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote by SLonergan
Can I get a woot woot?

...No? Whatever.
do you mean the vox night train? cause those are two totally different leagues of amps
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
hats, call it a personal bias, i'd take the original over the clone any day... thought i'd throw something in the mix that presented a legitimate condender.

TS, there's a lot of amps out there, what drew you to these two?

lolz makes a good point. if you're looking at the TT, you might as well look at the DT, but neither holds a candle to the ac30. what you really need to do is find a dealer of many amp brands and just go nuts trying **** out.
Quote by GrisKy
hats, call it a personal bias, i'd take the original over the clone any day... thought i'd throw something in the mix that presented a legitimate condender.

i hope you don't mean the AC30, because originals of those can cost nearly $10 000. not really within reach of the average guitarist.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i hope you don't mean the AC30, because originals of those can cost nearly $10 000. not really within reach of the average guitarist.

no, i'm talking about the original company's reissues, not an actual $8K original.

like i may have mentioned before, i like the 2004 reissue.
You can not get wrong with AC30 ever.But it is easy for me.I own both AC30 and TT (and AD30HTC+40 amps mostly Hughes and Kettner ).But if you looking for AC30 you can maybe look for Framus Ruby Riot 2 (I own 1 and 2, but 2 have better distortion).It is a little better then AC30 (for me of course).Clean is directly from heaven .
Vox AC30
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100