Sound quality doesn't matter at all for me. I'd just like to know the absolute cheapest way to do this.
line 6 makes a kit, for like 80 bucks... not bads
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by tom708
usb mic and audacity

I was hoping do do it without using a microphone. I probably should have said that.
plug ur headphone jack in your mic input on your comp, wahlah
Woot! New Zealand...
Quote by Mister Big
I was hoping do do it without using a microphone. I probably should have said that.

ahh well, line 6 make some good stuff and theres also a thing called a stealth cable i think, its like a normal guitar lead with a usb on 1 end and you get all the software with it too. dunno how good it is though or how much.
the stealth cable thing costs about $150 Aus, never used one they also make a stealth pedal, witch is the same thing but it has a pedal that can be used for a wah and other effects.
You can buy a 1/4 to 1/8 jack converter so you can basically plug the huge cables from your amp into your computer through the little plugs where it says sound in. Thats the cheapest way. Converters are super cheap.
Quote by fail
\/ <-- my care vagina is empty
Quote by iamironman000
You can buy a 1/4 to 1/8 jack converter so you can basically plug the huge cables from your amp into your computer through the little plugs where it says sound in. Thats the cheapest way. Converters are super cheap.

...really?

I already have that adapter, so all i'd need is a 1/8 to 1/8 cable to plug into the adapter and pc?
Buy an 1/4" to 1/8" and use amp simulators like those from AcmeBarGig, Nick Crow, ...

If you get really ****ty noisy sound, consider buying an interface (around 100 bucks)

A such adapter looks like this
Last edited by GisleAune at Sep 20, 2009,