Ok at the very top of my list so far is the ibanez S320 i can get cheaper than RRP at the local shop. What do use recommend for my reqs

mahogany or alder body
22-24, jumbo or XJ frets
Floyd rose (must be decent - i refuse to buy an Edge III for example)
2 humbuckers (h/s/h is also good)
Did you check out any of the high end Japanese Jacksons? I am thinking that the RR5 would suit you nicely.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by Richmanofaction
Did you check out any of the high end Japanese Jacksons? I am thinking that the RR5 would suit you nicely.

RR5's are quite a bit more than 1000 AUD. RR3's are close just a bit over 1k I think. I believe the only difference is the RR3 has a bolt on neck and the RR5 is a neck through.

Anyway I'm in the same boat, looking for a guitar around the 1k mark before the end of the year with similar requirments and I'll be checking both of these out also.
Quote by Jayman80
RR5's are quite a bit more than 1000 AUD. RR3's are close just a bit over 1k I think. I believe the only difference is the RR3 has a bolt on neck and the RR5 is a neck through.

Anyway I'm in the same boat, looking for a guitar around the 1k mark before the end of the year with similar requirments and I'll be checking both of these out also.

thanks, and if it helps it seems naye impossible to find the right guitar at this price. The thing is the companys cut the corners to save costs on the things you want >.< and out in ither stuff you dont lol.
**** dude you've created like 5 of these threads and the general consesus is the Ibanez S320 is definitely the way to go. If you want to be really sure that it's the guitar you want then go try it out 'cos no matter how many opinions you get from UG it's your guitar and your money at the end of the day. Or if you don't mind having a basswood body then a used Ibanez MIJ RG off the bay would be ideal.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
**** dude you've created like 5 of these threads and the general consesus is the Ibanez S320 is definitely the way to go.

yea i know but the others were like ESP vs ibanez or ESP m200fm vs ibanez s320 or something like that, i want some other opinions of brands i may not know about. Like for example i hadnt realy considered any schecters at this price, so maybe people have other ideas
Last edited by shredder408 at Sep 20, 2009,
You could get a Schecter Hellraiser for about $1200-1300 if you haggle a bit, and they're fantastic.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012