Okay getting a Squier Vintage Modified Stratocaster SSS for my birthday. dont want to hurt their feelings. lame i know
dont want the guitar to go to waste though.
so i need reviews on this guitar.
already know it will need new pickups and strings.
which pickups should i get?
but need to know anything else i can do to make it sound halfway decent.
any help would be greatly appricated

Been playing for 3 years. play alot of killswitch. thanks
Well, i have played on the classic vibes and they are amazing. Theyre the same price, maybe the same quality. BUT, just incase, fender custom shop texas specials. And Elixirs
Quote by nickdohle
Well, i have played on the classic vibes and they are amazing. Theyre the same price, maybe the same quality. BUT, just incase, fender custom shop texas specials. And Elixirs

thought about putting single coil emgs. cuz i know its not going to have a heavy sound at all when i get it so figured those could help a little. anyone have any comments?
Quote by blackmonday23
thought about putting single coil emgs. cuz i know its not going to have a heavy sound at all when i get it so figured those could help a little. anyone have any comments?

Well, ive never used EMG single coils. Im assuming your a big metal fan. I think you should take your new strat, and try to learn some new styles of music. Blues, funk, or just use the guitar for your cleans. But if u want a metal sound, route it for HSH. But i advise the first part.
Quote by nickdohle
Well, ive never used EMG single coils. Im assuming your a big metal fan. I think you should take your new strat, and try to learn some new styles of music. Blues, funk, or just use the guitar for your cleans. But if u want a metal sound, route it for HSH. But i advise the first part.

Yeah good point. what would u suggest for good blues pickups?
Don't put EMGs in a Strat unless you plan to route for a battery box.

If you want new pickups, I'd suggest a Seymour Duncan SSL-1 in the bridge, a Fender Mexican Strat Mid Assembly for the middle, and a Seymour Duncan Cool Rails in the neck.

But that's just me *shrug*
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
Don't put EMGs in a Strat unless you plan to route for a battery box.

If you want new pickups, I'd suggest a Seymour Duncan SSL-1 in the bridge, a Fender Mexican Strat Mid Assembly for the middle, and a Seymour Duncan Cool Rails in the neck.

But that's just me *shrug*

Ive never played on one. i just hear people ripping them. i have a les paul standard right now so i know its not going to be near what im used to. but figured if i dropped some pickups in it it couldnt be that bad
The issue with EMGs in a Strat is that you would have to put the battery behind the pickguard, and then you'd have to restring, and take off your pickguard every time the battery died. Getting passive pickups simply fixes that issue. I myself have a Superstrat that has a control cavity in the back with two EMG single coils in it (both EMG-SAs, I love them).
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
well thanks for the heads up. I looked at those duncan rails. what can u tell me about those?
i wouldn't worry about modding it until you have it. you might find out you like the sound of it stock. once you decide you hate it then look into what you can get for it. i do this all the time; decide how i'm going to mod something before i hate it. then i end up spending money i shouldn't have and it's not a good plan... i had a strat bridge for about 6 months and had no strat haha but i guess i was ready
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip