What is a minor chord with a major 7th?

That is in the melodic minor scale, yes?
Is the melodic minor scale a mode of the major scale or just a minor scale with a raised 6th and 7th? Amirite?
It's a Chord-minor-maj-7, ?mmaj7...it's either melodic or harmonic minor, since the sharp 7 occurs in both scales.
And yes, fundamentally (but not correctly) a melodic minor scale is a major scale with a flatted third.
It's actually just called a minor major seventh chord
And yeah, it is
Those notes are can also be found in the harmonic minor

The melodic minor has the sixth and seventh notes raised when ascending, and while descending is the same as the natural minor
A melodic minor is a natural minor with a raised 6th and 7th, yes. That only applies when going up the scale though.
Quote by pwrmax
A melodic minor is a natural minor with a raised 6th and 7th, yes. That only applies when going up the scale though.

Many jazz musicians refer to the melodic minor as a natural minor with a raised 6th and 7th, both when ascending and descending.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
Quote by KoenDercksen
Classical musicians use the melodic minor ascending with raised 6th and 7th, and descending as the natural minor. Some jazz musicians however find this BS and just descend the same way as ascending.

Yeah, first of all I hardly use the melodic minor, and WHEN I use it, I stick to the goddamn scale.
Quote by KoenDercksen
Classical musicians use the melodic minor ascending with raised 6th and 7th, and descending as the natural minor. Some jazz musicians however find this BS and just descend the same way as ascending.

Coincidently, I think playing it the same way ascending and descending is called the Jazz minor scale. Not sure though, I just vagely remember hearing it somewhere
Quote by bass wizard
Coincidently, I think playing it the same way ascending and descending is called the Jazz minor scale. Not sure though, I just vagely remember hearing it somewhere

I was told that too, your evidence is corroborated.