First of all, I haven't learned theory. I think I understand most of it, but I don't know what anything is called or anything.

Anyways, there's this scale a song of mine is in, but I don't know what it's called. It's like: (in D)

D E F# G A Bb C

I mean it sounds good to my ears, but what is it called?
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
aka D Mixolydian b6
Quote by Cameronrobson
If a barn owl was fighting a tiger and flew away, it was just looking for a more awesome place to fight. This happens all the time on Dragon Ball Z.

Member 8 of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club
Can't tell you unless you give us the rest of the song, the chords and how you've used those notes.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by helvete_og_død
melodic minor in g

In G? TS states explicitly that it's in D. Looks like the 5th mode of the melodic minor to me: W W H W H W W, as mentioned above: D mixolydian with flattenend 6th.
It's a scale sometimes called the Hindu scale, but it's probably just easiest to think of it as D major with b6 b7.
Its a major scale with a flattened sixth and seventh. In context there's a good chance its acting as something else.
Quote by GuyWithOneEye
First of all, I haven't learned theory. I think I understand most of it, but I don't know what anything is called or anything.

So you don't know anything, but you think you understand most of it?

Quote by GuyWithOneEye

Anyways, there's this scale a song of mine is in, but I don't know what it's called. It's like: (in D)

D E F# G A Bb C

I mean it sounds good to my ears, but what is it called?

Gives us some context. do you have a riff, or chord progression? a recording of you playing it?
shred is gaudy music
I have the whole recording in my profile. It's called The Silver Moon.

Check out 2:27 and 4:03. And about 7:00, there's a solo there where I use the scale.
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
Well your example at 2:27 is just a progression with a borrowed chord from the parallel minor. But the other two parts seem to make sense with Mixo b6.

So if you're jamming that song and someone asks "what would you solo with over that part at 7:00?", you can now say "Mixolydian b6, biotch!".
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Actually I use that site all the time, but I never bothered to look through all of them for the scale I was looking for.
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!