Alright at first I really liked my Ibanez but after so much time with it I've realized it's the exact opposite of what I like in a guitar neck. I love Les Paul style necks. Fat, round, and not too wide are my thing. However the Ibanez is thin, wide, and just a little fat (it's an SZ320M by the way). So I'm thinking of getting $250-300 for it on Craigslist and buying some kind of Epiphone with the cash. Right now I'm really liking the idea of a goth Les Paul. I know it's not going to be much of an improvement sound wise if any at all but what I'm looking for is feel here. I've got the pics on Photobucket and ready to go in an ad.
Thoughts, opinions, comments, concerns, etc. are appreciated.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention the Ibanez also has electronics issues. The pickups die out on me a lot where they either stop producing sound completely or start to sound really weak and the input is ridiculously loose and even after tightening it with a wrench it continues to loosen progressively. I don't have the money to get new pickups or have a tech look it over right now.
If you like fat and round necks go with an SG or Schecter
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Thanks. I'm planning on going to GC sometime soon and checking out a lot of guitars that I may possibly like.
The last SG I played was the Prophecy with Dirty Fingers. I remember the neck being just a bit too wide for me but who knows. My taste has matured a lot and my playing has developed since I last went guitar shopping.
Quote by maggot2011
Thanks. I'm planning on going to GC sometime soon and checking out a lot of guitars that I may possibly like.
The last SG I played was the Prophecy with Dirty Fingers. I remember the neck being just a bit too wide for me but who knows. My taste has matured a lot and my playing has developed since I last went guitar shopping.

Same playing with an SG is awkward at first, but one you stick with it for 15 minutes it gets easy as hell. just make sure you stay with gibson or epiphone, otherwise the necks might be different than the kind im giving advice for

Quote by GODhimself37
Same playing with an SG is awkward at first, but one you stick with it for 15 minutes it gets easy as hell. just make sure you stay with gibson or epiphone, otherwise the necks might be different than the kind im giving advice for

Well the neck on my Agile was like butter but after the electronics absolutely crapping out on me I'm cautious to get another.
I'll give the SG an extended try. But most likely I'm going Epiphone.
Quote by maggot2011
Well the neck on my Agile was like butter but after the electronics absolutely crapping out on me I'm cautious to get another.
I'll give the SG an extended try. But most likely I'm going Epiphone.

Maybe you should just take a dive and learn how to put in quality electronics yourself. That's what I did. Lovin' every minute of it
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
Quote by {Ѵëņŏmőůş}
Maybe you should just take a dive and learn how to put in quality electronics yourself. That's what I did. Lovin' every minute of it

I tried that on my agile and I failed miserably . If I'm going to work with electronics I'd rather get something simple first to practice on like a little circuit board and some caps and whatnot.
Quote by maggot2011
I tried that on my agile and I failed miserably . If I'm going to work with electronics I'd rather get something simple first to practice on like a little circuit board and some caps and whatnot.

Or get some good advice from your local music store. Mine will saunter things for free! Lol but i guess that's because i'm good friends with them

Quote by GODhimself37
Or get some good advice from your local music store. Mine will saunter things for free! Lol but i guess that's because i'm good friends with them

I wonder if that could really be it .
Yeah I think I'm going to sell the Ibby for $250 then the Agile as a project guitar for $50-75 and get a Goth Les Paul and replace the pickups with something from GFS. That should do for a good while.
Quote by maggot2011
I wonder if that could really be it .
Yeah I think I'm going to sell the Ibby for $250 then the Agile as a project guitar for $50-75 and get a Goth Les Paul and replace the pickups with something from GFS. That should do for a good while.

The Goth Les Paul pickups should actually be good. make sure you dont like the sound before you go and buy new ones.

Quote by GODhimself37
The Goth Les Paul pickups should actually be good. make sure you dont like the sound before you go and buy new ones.

I thought that would be implied lol. Who buys upgrades without knowing they're needed first? But it's good to know it has decent pickups stock. The Ibby's are amazingly microphonic (they record the click track from Reaper when I'm recording) and muddy.
I think you should get a guitar worth at least $500, Try to not get an Epiphone but maybe an off brand that makes a very good Gibson copy that you can try before you buy. And you could probably fix the electrical problems in your Ibanez by yourself, It is probably just a loose solder joint. If it isn't a loose wire then it is in the pickups which may require them being re wound.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Gargoyle2500
I think you should get a guitar worth at least $500, Try to not get an Epiphone but maybe an off brand that makes a very good Gibson copy that you can try before you buy. And you could probably fix the electrical problems in your Ibanez by yourself, It is probably just a loose solder joint. If it isn't a loose wire then it is in the pickups which may require them being re wound.

See there is now way I'm going to get extra funds. I'm a parent dependent teen and my mom just doesn't understand GAS and that different instruments are actually different. I think the problem was the pickups because my drummer's dad who works on his own guitars a lot checked the circuit and said I wired everything correctly. Well what can ya do? Besides I don't dig the feel of the Ibby I want something that'll play well.