Hey there I'm looking for a good USB recorder, I'm willing to spend up to 200$ but it's best if it's cheape, although I will the price if it's good :p
I need to be able to record with pedals, hook a bass to it, I only need it for bass demos, I have to be able to record on a PC NOT a Mac. Does anybody know any good recorders?
Last edited by mathiaes at Sep 20, 2009,
well I don't have money for that yet, I only need something to record demoes with
Line6 Toneport UX1.

about 80$, comes with pretty decent amp emulation software, and you can plug guitar, bass and mic into it.
and don't listen to brad bassist, pc's are just as good as macs on recording.
Quote by CoreysMonster
pc's are just as good as macs on recording.

hmmm...

maybe in a perfect world, after all, PT HD is PC based, but for Joe Shmoe at home, Mac is endlessly more efficient with a fraction of the latency issues inherrent with PC based recording.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Line6 Toneport UX1.

about 80$, comes with pretty decent amp emulation software, and you can plug guitar, bass and mic into it.
and don't listen to brad bassist, pc's are just as good as macs on recording.

this, all you need is some software (i highly recommend reaper which is 60$) and you can get perfectly find recordings.
Quote by GrisKy
hmmm...

maybe in a perfect world, after all, PT HD is PC based, but for Joe Shmoe at home, Mac is endlessly more efficient with a fraction of the latency issues inherrent with PC based recording.

I own PC's and Macs... for recording the Mac is a CADILLAC! PC's are computers - Mac's are STATE OF THE ART recording workstations. If you don't own one then save up - scrimp, save, whatever... once you start using them you'll realize why we're called "FANBOI's". They are amazing and just a joy to use - for recording there's NO COMPARISON. I use Sonar Producer 8 on my Windows Vista/Win 7 machine and on my Mac G5 system I use Logic Studio 9 - SAME INTERFACE - and I use the G5/Logic system 99% of the time because it's so much more intuitive, never have to worry about drivers, issues, latency problems, - the list goes on and on... There will be people who argue with me but they probably don't own a decent Mac system and basically are jealous. My new Acer laptop is a lot of fun and I have Vista Ultimate and Windows 7 dual booting but there's NOTHING AS FINE AS MY MAC SYSTEM when it comes to Audio, Video, etc. THAT"S MY 2 CENTS.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
I own PC's and Macs... for recording the Mac is a CADILLAC! PC's are computers - Mac's are STATE OF THE ART recording workstations. If you don't own one then save up - scrimp, save, whatever... once you start using them you'll realize why we're called "FANBOI's". They are amazing and just a joy to use - for recording there's NO COMPARISON. I use Sonar Producer 8 on my Windows Vista/Win 7 machine and on my Mac G5 system I use Logic Studio 9 - SAME INTERFACE - and I use the G5/Logic system 99% of the time because it's so much more intuitive, never have to worry about drivers, issues, latency problems, - the list goes on and on... There will be people who argue with me but they probably don't own a decent Mac system and basically are jealous. My new Acer laptop is a lot of fun and I have Vista Ultimate and Windows 7 dual booting but there's NOTHING AS FINE AS MY MAC SYSTEM when it comes to Audio, Video, etc. THAT"S MY 2 CENTS.

i don't get it... do you think i was disagreeing?
I'm agreeing Dude
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Pardon if this is out of place, but have you tried plugging it directly into your sound card? That's what I do, and I'm more than happy with my recordings. I use a multi-effects processor and a BK-1232 stereo mixer, and I get a way better sound than I would on my amp, or by plugging my processor into the PC via USB. Just try it if you haven't.
he's willing to spend 200 and you thell him to buy a mac? wat?
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals
Dz, that's acceptable if it's what you've got to do, and if you're getting good results, more power to you. However, good results with that method are the exception, not the norm.

ita, i'm not telling him to go out and buy a mac, i'm simply saying it offers a better platform for the home studio.