Page 1 of 3
ok i was wondering because i know some do does the line 6 spider 3 30 watt amp go to 10 or does it go to 11? just im retarded and always thought it was 11 and ive noticed that the amp tones i use never sound perfect and im guessing its probably because it goes to 10...
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
Epiphone Prophecy SG (GX? Red with Dirty Fingers?)
Wut

If an amp has numbered knobs to 10, 11, or 12, it really doesn't make a difference in sound. If an amp goes to 11, it doesn't make it better than an amp that goes to 10.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Last edited by jc349 at Sep 20, 2009,
I think Google Image could answer this question quite nicely...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
I think Google Image could answer this question quite nicely...

i belive this man has answered more than half of the questions you are likely to ask mate
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
Quote by Rg-350DMX *SD*
ok i was wondering because i know some do does the line 6 spider 3 30 watt amp go to 10 or does it go to 11? just im retarded and always thought it was 11 and ive noticed that the amp tones i use never sound perfect and im guessing its probably because it goes to 10...

Look again at the amp you have bought

Quote by Travesty_Prone
No offense, but ...

Nothing I can think of saying wouldn't be offensive. So, I abstain all comments.

then technically you just posted spam
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Last edited by GODhimself37 at Sep 20, 2009,
funny. In reality they don't go past 1 with decent sound.
*FACT, they sound worse as you turn them up.
Last edited by Tempoe at Sep 20, 2009,
I figured this thread would have already turned into a spider 3 bashing thread.

I was correct. You people are lame.

Anyways, your amp doesnt need to go to 11. It doesnt matter if it only goes to 5. As loud as it gets is as loud as it gets.

Turn it down. Pushing that amp that high is almost sure to steal some of your tone.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Tempoe
funny. I reality they don't go past 1 with decent sound.

When will the bandwagoning end?

They are good for practice. The Clean channel has a nice sound at high (even giggable) volumes but if you use the distortion too loud they are terrible. Generally past the 30w version is not advisable.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
wow all i asked was if the amp has 10 or 11 and you all post all that..and im pretty sure that even if its 1 bit different it affects it...and its only to the songs i have settings for from like the ultimate amp settings thing like ive tried to put the settings for songs together by ear and they sound almost perfect

and i wasnt trying to make the volume go loud i was trying to get like the treble mid and bass and gain
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
Last edited by Rg-350DMX *SD* at Sep 20, 2009,
well my vypyr goes up to 13
13>11
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
wow why do you all have to like bash on amps and stuff and including when someone is asking a question because they are uncertain of something? its stupid really...just because im not sure if its a 10 or 11 doesnt make it funny or a right to bash on it im sure there was a point where you didnt know something that was stupid that you didnt know
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
Quote by Rg-350DMX *SD*
wow all i asked was if the amp has 10 or 11 and you all post all that..and im pretty sure that even if its 1 bit different it affects it...and its only to the songs i have settings for from like the ultimate amp settings thing like ive tried to put the settings for songs together by ear and they sound almost perfect

and i wasnt trying to make the volume go loud i was trying to get like the treble mid and bass and gain

You are either a troll or a moron. I'm leaning towards the latter. It doesn't matter what the amp says. The pot has the same amount of travel.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
hahahahahaha I just counted the ticks on my Spider II and, sure enough, it goes to eleven!

Don't worry, it's just my practice amp... I got a real amp at ma' drummer's house.
Quote by Rg-350DMX *SD*
wow why do you all have to like bash on amps and stuff and including when someone is asking a question because they are uncertain of something? its stupid really...just because im not sure if its a 10 or 11 doesnt make it funny or a right to bash on it im sure there was a point where you didnt know something that was stupid that you didnt know

Dude, get use to it. Sorry to tell you, but here on UG theres a trendy bandwagon of people that will bash anyone claiming to own a spider.

Thats just the way it is man.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
yeah but the thing is it has 11 ticks BUT the 1 is an off
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
SINCE YOU'RE ****ING SERIOUS I'M GOING TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU.

An amp's settings don't go up to 11, that is simply a scale. Different amps might use different scales, for example, most amps go 1->10, some 1->11, or 0->20, or 1-5. IT DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE SOUND. A knob pointing straight up if it's on 2.5 is going to sound the same as another amp if it was 5 on the scale.
its not really fair to bash an amp just because its an amp...sure there is different types like valve or tube or modeling but its stupid just because they are starting out guitar or dont have a job so they cant afford a mesa boogie or a bogner doesnt mean its a right to bash it
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
Quote by Rg-350DMX *SD*
its not really fair to bash an amp just because its an amp...sure there is different types like valve or tube or modeling but its stupid just because they are starting out guitar or dont have a job so they cant afford a mesa boogie or a bogner doesnt mean its a right to bash it

I refer you to my earlier post. You are either a troll or clueless.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

It has 11 ticks
The first is a zero
Therefore
We can conclude
That it goes up to ten

Anyways, it doesn't matter if it's to ten or 11, as the pot will only go so far.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Dude, my amps gain knob goes to 20, does that mean it has more gain? No, it just means it has more numbers

I have no clue what the hell you're going on about, but I'm guessing it's pretty stupid.

Quote by Rg-350DMX *SD*

Please explain the difference between valve and tube for me, I'm stupid.

NOBODY RUIN THIS FOR ME OR I WILL RAPE YOUR DOG.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Sep 20, 2009,
ok so heres a question then since your all here and retarded...how do i close this thread?
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
Quote by Rg-350DMX *SD*
ok so heres a question then since your all here and retarded...how do i close this thread?

Actually, half the people here are trying to help you.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by Rg-350DMX *SD*

You're calling us retarded because we aren't clueless as to how amps work and sound? You're a troll.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by Rg-350DMX *SD*

with your DICK

lalalalala
yeah by bashing and saying im a moron or a "troll"..that doesnt sound like helping and the way people are saying it in other ways dont sound helpful either all it was,was a ****ing question that had a simple answer
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
haha, "Why dont you just make the amp louder and keep the volume knob at ten? ........This amp goes to eleven" dont you just love Spinal Tap?
i laughed wen i saw the title of this post.
I love you RG350.

There are 11 ticks which means your amp does go to 11.
Trust me.

I'm a doctor.

EDIT: Seriously.
We gave you answers. You refused them and said they were wrong and started a pointless argument. Therefore, you are a troll.

This is getting out of hand.

*reported*
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

i never said they were wrong now if i did tell me where i did i was just asking what it went to and you all went and said all this stuff about me being a troll i was never arguing about the amp i was arguing that people bash amps and bands and what peoples tastes in music are so how can you report it if i just wanted an answer to a question that you guys wouldnt give the SIMPLE answer to and saying rude stuff
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
Quote by Rg-350DMX *SD*

You do know that valves and tubes are the same thing don't you?
i dont really care my point was that there is different names and style and brands (etc.) of amps
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
Let me add, I wouldn't want to ever turn it up past 11 anyways

But, doesn't the Bugera 1960 or something go up to like 22?
See post #12. People said it did not matter what the numbers were, it's just a reference point. You said yes it does because it's different.

If you would just read this thread, you would get what I'm on about.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Page 1 of 3