I have recently purchased (well put on layby) an ESP MH-250 guitar,

Now i am having trouble deciding which pedal to get.

I'm looking for multi effects pedal and i recently sold my Zoom G2.1u.

Basically i'm looking for a pedal that will sound tough and won't have excess noise and pick sounds. The sort of music i play is metal core (parkway drive, august burns red .etc.)

I don't really play on any particular amp either as where i play seems to change a lot lol.

I've thought about a Boss GT-8 or GT-10 and even a digitech RP500 or RP1000,

Can someone please help out?
You may want to invest into a good amp rather than a pedal. I wouldn't buy a multi effect either as single effects sound better.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Well as i said i dont usually play on a particular amp,

but the one i have at home is a Laney LX35D, its not very good :p i will be traveling soon as well and not taking my amp with me so i'm looking for a pedal thats gonna sound good 99.9% of the time if possible
I've got an MH-250NT, killer guitars.

Anyway, if you only play metalcore, then do you really need a pedal at all? usually all it is is a ****load of pre-amp gain.
Good to my ears is different to yours. Go out and try some distortion pedals and see if you like them. I hate like 90% percent of them as I prefer preamp distortion from a tube amp.

Edit: If your looking for something to practice on, get a Vox Metal Amplug, I recorded song demo in my profile with it.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I need a pedal that i could use on a variety of amps and also be able to use to practice with headphones. Especially one that is able to re-create my favourite bands sounds as my Zoom G2.1u failed to do.

I did look into an amp but like i said i will be traveling and not taking an amp with me so i didnt see the sense in buying an amp that will sit at my house for 1-2years not being used.
Hmm, I'm not a fan of multi-effects but for your situation it's perfect. I'd go around to different shops and try out different multi-effects pedals with an MH-250.
The Digitech RP500 is pretty good. I thought it was a pretty nice system when I tried it out. Although if you're travelling you might want something smaller.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
There's only 1 shop near me that has a MH-250 and thats where i'm getting mine lol. They only stock Line 6 pedals from what i remember, has anyone tried out a line 6 floor POD? i heard they were good but some others have told me the metal sound is soft.
Quote by xxESP-MH-250xx
There's only 1 shop near me that has a MH-250 and thats where i'm getting mine lol. They only stock Line 6 pedals from what i remember, has anyone tried out a line 6 floor POD? i heard they were good but some others have told me the metal sound is soft.

I'd probably just get a regular POD unless you absolutely need footswitches. They sound pretty good too.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Any particular POD? I have been looking at the X3 and have heard good things about that, the only thing is there are a few songs i play that start off with a nice clean sound then switch over to the heavy distortion, thats where i get stuck with needing a footswitch
Quote by xxESP-MH-250xx
Any particular POD? I have been looking at the X3 and have heard good things about that, the only thing is there are a few songs i play that start off with a nice clean sound then switch over to the heavy distortion, thats where i get stuck with needing a footswitch

The X3 is a great system. I just figured you might want to avoid unneccesary footswitches since you'd be travelling. Ultimately, it's up to preference though. Once you get your guitar, take it to places that have systems you want to try and ask to demo them.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

alright sounds like a good idea (: when i get my guitar i'll try out a few things.

Thanks for your help.

If anyone else can suggest stuff then still suggest away (:
are you looking for a multi to gig with??? like running it through the PA? or just something to practice on? if just practice, go cheap, look into the pocket POD or stuff by Pandora.
nah i was looking at something to gig with mate. do you think a boss GT8 will do the job because i've really liked what i've heard about it so far
i've said it before and i'll say it again, the ONLY multi fx floor unit worth a **** is the ORIGINAL Line6 floor POD... the 1st one, not the 5th or whatever they're up to now.