Poll: Which of these genres has the easiest songs to play on guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which of these genres has the easiest songs to play on guitar?
Folk
16 43%
Classical
4 11%
Metal
4 11%
Something else (please post the name of the genre in the thread)
13 35%
Voters: 37.
I want to play the following genres. Which has the easiest songs to play on guitar?
Folk
Classical
Metal (Iron Maiden, Manowar being two examples)
For 8 months of experience every of those have songs you can play.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
how about all three? You should always expand your musical insterests from day one. Pick those three and a genre you hate. And yes I mean a genre you would kill yourself to be forced to listen to. By doing this you will obtain an apreciation of the music even if you don't like it and your musical knowledge will expand for every genre you add to your arsenal.
Blues, or drums. Rhythm is the most important thing to know.
I am the only sane person on the planet. Does that make me crazy?

Crank the Mids
Just play the music you love. There is a lot of easy folk-music, but the same goes for metal.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
Don't worry about genres so much, just learn songs. You can easily tell the difference between an easy song and a hard one through a combination of careful listening and looking at a tab or chord sheet. If you only hear a load of notes or chords close together or the tab looks like a side on view of the Alps you know it's likely to be difficult....if everything's slower and more spaced out then it should be easier to play.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by mtgold83
how about all three? You should always expand your musical insterests from day one. Pick those three and a genre you hate. And yes I mean a genre you would kill yourself to be forced to listen to. By doing this you will obtain an apreciation of the music even if you don't like it and your musical knowledge will expand for every genre you add to your arsenal.

You know... this sounds like a good idea. I like folk, classical, celtic, and metal. I absolutely despise blues, and i've been staying away from it for a long time. But I wonder, what is there to be gained from playing blues?
Quote by robinlint
You know... this sounds like a good idea. I like folk, classical, celtic, and metal. I absolutely despise blues, and i've been staying away from it for a long time. But I wonder, what is there to be gained from playing blues?

Blues is what rock and metal evolved from - without it the genres you love wouldn't exist...listen to Led Zeppelin 1, it's nothing more than a blues album. To learn and understand blues helps you understand the roots of the music you want to play, and that will in turn help you understand it better, also from a performance angle T-Bone Walker practically invented the idea of a guitar playing frontman. Furthermore blues is arguably the best place to learn improvising as there's a clear, defined structure for you to play around with and experiment over.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Blues is what rock and metal evolved from - without it the genres you love wouldn't exist...listen to Led Zeppelin 1, it's nothing more than a blues album. To learn and understand blues helps you understand the roots of the music you want to play, and that will in turn help you understand it better, also from a performance angle T-Bone Walker practically invented the idea of a guitar playing frontman. Furthermore blues is arguably the best place to learn improvising as there's a clear, defined structure for you to play around with and experiment over.

Also it's so fun to jam blues ! it's hard to jam metal, that's for sure. Also it's so easy to incorporate other styles within your improvisation. For example someone sometime thought it would be a good idea to add jazz licks and progressions to blues... hense JAZZ BLUES!
Quote by Bluesy...
Blues, or drums. Rhythm is the most important thing to know.

While I agree that rhythm is the most important thing in music, I wouldn't advise someone to use blues to learn that. Alot of the blues players are somewhat sloppy, and a large amount of songs are in shuffle time. It's better for a beginner to play in straight time, and then once they have that down (as well as playing triplets in it), then start working on 12/8 missing the second 8th note of each beat. Learning swing time as 4/4 with one eighth longer than the other ends up just inducing confusion when notes faster than 8ths are asked for.
All genres have hard and easy songs. Just pick songs you like and try and play them. If they're too hard or fast, slow them down and focus on accuracy and speed will progress with time.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Blues?
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.