Well I am going for a posthardcore genre type sound and im really interested in the telecaster type guitar so could some of you with teles post a few recordings of you playing clean / disto riffs with various setting and tell me what brand / model is the tele and what hardware it has and what settings you used with ur amp / pedal
Thank you very much

Note: Please do not edit the file unless you are good at editing and are just adding clairity.
What amp do you have?
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
i dont care about what am i currently have haha. But I just have a couple brandless practice amps and a Crate Halfstack is what i usually play on.
Quote by mtgold83
Well I am going for a posthardcore genre type sound

Are u refering to old heavey metal, Black sabath or something like that?

Maybe a telecaster with two humbuckers?
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Last edited by Tatsumaru at Sep 20, 2009,
No. stores dont have every single telecaster and amp. I just want people to be like hey i have a telecaster and here is what my setup sounds like. ya know?

And post hardcore = DanceGavinDance especially their two newest albums is what im looking for and The album Second Stage Turbine Blade by Coheed and Cambria that kinda sound.
Last edited by mtgold83 at Sep 20, 2009,
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by mtgold83
And post hardcore = DanceGavinDance especially their two newest albums is what im looking for and The album Second Stage Turbine Blade by Coheed and Cambria that kinda sound.

Yeah lol, i got post and pre the wrong way round ....
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru
Yeah lol, i got post and pre the wrong way round ....

I think you got it wrong completely, if Black Sabbath is "pre-hardcore" then I'm a woman.

I am not a woman.

Anywho, you say you want a Coheed style sound on second stage?
Well it's actually all in the amp, your guitar won't get you a whole genre's sound (even with suiting pickups, if you play through a Fender amp with DiMarzio X2Ns and then a Mesa amp, it'll sound completely different.) but I'd suggest maybe a Fat Tele, humbucker in the bridge and singlecoil in the neck, the single coil for the cleaner bits (as example, the "solo" in Devil In Jersey City by coheed.)