Ive always loved the les paul shape but the rpice has always been out of my league (gibsons) for what i wanted because i didnt want o spend my money on a non bound guitar. I then heard about ESP they make guitars like fenders and gibsons at really good quality (in some cases better them gibson themselves) I checked how much they cost and what they looked like I immedaitely fell in love with teh esp eclipse II. I just dont know hwetyher the tone is any good and is it worth savind up the extra £500 and buy a les paul traditional perosonally i dont because i just dont like them Im just interested in your views.
They're completely different. It's not a Les Paul copy at all. If you want a Gibson, you'll probably be unhappy with the ESP, and it goes the other way too. They feel completely different. The only way to know is to play it yourself. A lot of people prefer ESPs to Gibsons.
Quote by wdaubo
Ive always loved the les paul shape but the rpice has always been out of my league (gibsons) for what i wanted because i didnt want o spend my money on a non bound guitar. I then heard about ESP they make guitars like fenders and gibsons at really good quality (in some cases better them gibson themselves) I checked how much they cost and what they looked like I immedaitely fell in love with teh esp eclipse II. I just dont know hwetyher the tone is any good and is it worth savind up the extra £500 and buy a les paul traditional perosonally i dont because i just dont like them Im just interested in your views.

The difference between gibson and ESP is that ESP produces a budget, mid-range and high end version of all their guitars.

If you buy a Gibson les paul you know your buying a 'Gibson les paul'

If you buy an ESP eclipse for much cheaper, its likely its a ****ty model, as the top quality eclipses cost even more than a Gibson Les paul standard
Guitar - The true Religion
I have several ESP guitars myself, none are the EC model, however, though I personally prefer ESP and LTD guitars over many other brands, including Gibson and most definately Epiphone. I have played the EC model countless times, and if you're looking for an LP designed guitar, the EC-1000 is the way to go. It is made very well, it comes with great pickups, a fast set-in neck, a great finish (with many to choose from), great hardware, amazing tone and a fraction of the weight. I personally feel with Gibson, you're paying for name, like Levi Strauss, or Nike, but I'm sure you get what you pay for either way. It's a great "substitute" if you're taking that route, but it holds its own very well all the same. I definately suggest you go to a guitar store that carries the brand and try one out for yourself. It's definately versatile and the playability (for me anyway) is definately better than that of an actual Gibson LP. If you're on a budget, I'd settle for the EC-1000 over ANY Epiphone model for sure any day of the week. Good luck on sorting this out!
I dont want a gibson i just like the shape of the bodyand the look, i play from calssic rock to heavy metal so this hsould suit me right.

Ohh and thiswas the model that i was looking at ECLIPSE-II FR orESP Eclipse II QM Electric Guitar
Or
ESP Eclipse I CTM Electric Guitar
Wdaubo
Stuff:
Gibson Darkfire, JVM410H+1960A
Mg100DFX MG30FX MGs!(i know they are crap)
Fender american standard strat
Ephiphone les paul studio
Ovation applause Acoustic
Hopefully a warmoth build in the near future!
Quote by AusMetal33
The difference between gibson and ESP is that ESP produces a budget, mid-range and high end version of all their guitars.

If you buy a Gibson les paul you know your buying a 'Gibson les paul'

If you buy an ESP eclipse for much cheaper, its likely its a ****ty model, as the top quality eclipses cost even more than a Gibson Les paul standard

LTD is ESP's mid and low-end guitars like Epiphone is to Gibson. There's more variety when it comes to Gibson. An ESP Eclipse Standard costs more than a LP Studio but less than a LP Traditional or Standard. But the ESP Eclipse Custom is around the same price as a non-VOS Gibson Custom. There's no such thing as a crappy ESP.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Sep 20, 2009,
I love my Eclipse albeit it's a guitar that needs to be played standing up if you really wanna enjoy it. Anyway do you need to have a floyd rose on the guitar? 'Cos if you genuinely don't then don't buy it.
Im not hat good at telling what precise model it is but im not sure but its definetly not a LTD so thats ok
Wdaubo
Stuff:
Yep guys im going to buy now to save up alittle more and im there
Wdaubo
Stuff:
Does anyone know anywhere nearier to me that sells esps at alo price because im not willing to buy of the net when its worth this much

I live in Lincolnshire Engalnd but no shops stock the proper esps around me a few stock teh LTDs but not the ESPS that why my nearest on wqas there
Musicality Cool

1 The New Market Hall
Louth
Lincolnshire
LN11 9PY

They claim to have ESP's
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
My mate has a cheapo LTD EC-50 and despite everything ****ing thing on the guitar is rusted (even the tuners :S), it plays way better then my Squier Strat
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
ehhh I love the Eclipse shape but I would change out those ****ty EMG's ASAP if I were you. Get some real passives in there and **** will be nice.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?