Hey UG,

I'm making a suitcase pedalboard and I have one of these lying around

I thought It be cool (and somewhat practical) to incorporate this into the pedalboard but I can't figure out how to get power to it since it's a USB connection. My pedalboard has a regular power strip, is there some sort of adapter that I could use to plug it into the power strip ?
Quote by Roc8995
Kirk Hammett should just build a wah into his goddam shoes.

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?
You could try the Ipod AC Adaptor charger.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Quote by grimms
just use glow tape?

I assume he needs more light than that.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Pure_Morning
You could try the Ipod AC Adaptor charger.

Doubt it since one would be female and the other male connections. That is, unless he strips the wires, connects them, and protects them with electrical wire. Could do the same thing with a mini usb-type phone charger.

Why not just use something else? Anything from a mini lamp, flashlight, or glow in the dark paint/tape?

EDIT: looked up the adapter and ur right, it would work if the resistance is the same.

2nd EDIT: this is what seems to be the power stats on the adapter:

Input:
AC 100-240 volts (V), 50/60 hertz (Hz)
Â
Output:
DC 5V, 1 A
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by evening_crow

Why not just use something else? Anything from a mini lamp, flashlight, or glow in the dark paint/tape?

Now that I think of it I could probably find something that wouldn't be such a hassle, I really hate messing around with adapters.
Quote by Roc8995
Kirk Hammett should just build a wah into his goddam shoes.

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?
Quote by Dizzy-D
Now that I think of it I could probably find something that wouldn't be such a hassle, I really hate messing around with adapters.

Check my previous post again... it SHOULD work just by using this:

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
Check my previous post again... it SHOULD work just by using this:

Agreed, but is it really worth spending the money on one? Unless you picked up a cheapo one from hong kong off ebay for like a buck then waited the week or two for it to arrive.

EDIT: Just looked at the picture of the light, would that little thing even illuminate the pedal board well?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Sep 20, 2009,
Just get a powered USB hub and put it on your pedalboard. Then you could have like 5 lights.
Quote by stratguy335
Just get a powered USB hub and put it on your pedalboard. Then you could have like 5 lights.

A hub would work good. Then you could have 3 or 4 of the lights positioned inside your board. I just ordered 2 7-port USB hubs off ebay for 6 bucks each including shipping to be used in our MAME cabinet we're building. Way cheaper than the iPod charger thingys.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3