My setup is currently getting out of control and I am trying to do too much with my mesa dc5 amp.

This is my setup and you can see why this is causing me problems:

Ibanez Musician 78 > tuner >boss comp > crybaby > ts9 > proco rat dist > danelectro coolcat vibe > digitech whammy > tremolo > boss phaser > boss flanger > boss dd3 delay > boss rc20xl looper (instrument input) > amp

Then I have a casio wk3000, roland sh201 synth, and a macbook connected to an m-audio amiom 25 running into a yamaha mw10 mixer which then runs into the mic input of the boss looper which runs into the amp.

So I basically have beats, guitars, keyboards, sound effects all running into a mesa guitar amp.

As you can probably guess, my sound is crackling and getting muddy and i lose clarity in the sound. Yesterday, I ran the single out of the looper (with everything still connected) into an input on my presonus firepod and listened through my m-audio stereophile av40 speakers. The sound was MUCH better, but my guitar tone was lacking a bit due to not using an amp.

I'm thinking I need to add an eq so I have some more control over the guitar tone. Any recs on a good eq pedal? Where should I place it in the chain?

BTW, If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve my setup, please let me know. I don't know too much about live sound, but was thinking that maybe a pa would work best for my setup. If I continue to use what I'm doing now and running into my computer speakers, I should probably upgrade to more powerful monitors.
dude...guitar amp is for guitar.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by magellan42
My setup is currently getting out of control and I am trying to do too much with my mesa dc5 amp.

This is my setup and you can see why this is causing me problems:

Ibanez Musician 78 > tuner >boss comp > crybaby > ts9 > proco rat dist > danelectro coolcat vibe > digitech whammy > tremolo > boss phaser > boss flanger > boss dd3 delay > boss rc20xl looper (instrument input) > amp

Then I have a casio wk3000, roland sh201 synth, and a macbook connected to an m-audio amiom 25 running into a yamaha mw10 mixer which then runs into the mic input of the boss looper which runs into the amp.

So I basically have beats, guitars, keyboards, sound effects all running into a mesa guitar amp.

As you can probably guess, my sound is crackling and getting muddy and i lose clarity in the sound. Yesterday, I ran the single out of the looper (with everything still connected) into an input on my presonus firepod and listened through my m-audio stereophile av40 speakers. The sound was MUCH better, but my guitar tone was lacking a bit due to not using an amp.

I'm thinking I need to add an eq so I have some more control over the guitar tone. Any recs on a good eq pedal? Where should I place it in the chain?

BTW, If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve my setup, please let me know. I don't know too much about live sound, but was thinking that maybe a pa would work best for my setup. If I continue to use what I'm doing now and running into my computer speakers, I should probably upgrade to more powerful monitors.

MXR 10 band EQ is the go to EQ, it gets the job done.

Simplify is all I can say, and stop trying to make your amp into a PA.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by WtrPlyr
Maybe run everything but your guitar through your speakers and run you guitar through your amp? Like everyone else does?

Ideally I would do that, but I want everything running through the looper and it only has one jack coming out of it.
If the looper had two outs I would still run the guitar out of the amp and the rest out of speakers.