Hey guys!

I have Ernie Ball super slinkys on my guitar(09) and tomorrow I'll go playing with a mate, but he has a lower tuned guitar! So my question is, will it work with the slinkys to play on a lower tuning?

Oh and he doesnt remember which tuning they are in
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
your strings will feel floppy in the lower tuning (depending how low you go)

you could keep it in standard tuning and harmonize what he`s playing.
tell him to tune to standard. problem solved
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
If he's in Eb it'll do, the feel will be a bit weird but nothing you couldn't handle.

If he's in drop B, you're screwed.

Oh, and if he doesn't remember what his tuning is then, well, he's a weirdo. I mean, come on
Last edited by zombiak at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by zombiak
If he's in Eb it'll do, the feel will be a bit weird but nothing you couldn't handle.

Oh, and if he doesn't remember what his tuning is then, well, he's a weirdo. I mean, come on

yeah, who doesn't know what tuning they're in? it's not hard to figure out once you play for 10 seconds Just tell him to tune up, because with 09s you're going to have trouble tuning past Eb like this guy said.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
depends on how low you go. If you drop to D it should be fine. The lower you go, the more instability you will have with tuning
Quote by zombiak

offtopic: ibanez AR100 1980, niiiice!!

Those rock, I had a 81 model that I sold. Picked up a AR300 fomr the 80's too. sweet guitars