i accidentally deleted a video from my canon camera wich i didn't put on my pc yet.
Does anyone know if there is a way to get it back?
I heard about programs to recover deleted files but couldn't find anything that works.
Any help please?
No.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Was it from on a memory card or somthing?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yes.

Wait, I mean no.

Unless it's stored in recycler. Go Tools> Folder Options, and under the view tab make sure "show hidden files and folders" is checked. Then look about the camera, there might be a folder with the recycle bin icon, look in there.
i know a guy who has a program that'll find anything that has ever been on a memory card, so i know the stuff exists, but other than that i've no idea.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Google.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
no you cannot
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by filthandfury
Yes.

Wait, I mean no.

Unless it's stored in recycler. Go Tools> Folder Options, and under the view tab make sure "show hidden files and folders" is checked. Then look about the camera, there might be a folder with the recycle bin icon, look in there.

i deleted it manually from the camera , while i was deleting other files.
So i can't find it on my PC or anything
I use UndeletePlus+... amazingly, it works, but only for files that haven't had their binary overwritten. I think it costs money, though. I was lucky enough to stumble upon their site whilst they were giving it away for free.

EDIT: Just checked their site. You need to pay for it now.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Sep 20, 2009,
Lots of people are saying no when the correct answer is "Maybe", so ignore the Department of Misinformation for now.

When you delete a file it doesn't actually vanish, the space it occupied is simply made available for being written to. If you continue to use the camera then your chances of recovering the deleted file are reduced because the data may be overwritten. This is true for almost anything that uses a conventional file system (e.g. NTFS, FAT etc.).

There are hundreds of applications for recovering deleted files - give this a try: PC Inspector Smart Recovery
Quote by MrP
Lots of people are saying no when the correct answer is "Maybe", so ignore the Department of Misinformation for now.

When you delete a file it doesn't actually vanish, the space it occupied is simply made available for being written to. If you continue to use the camera then your chances of recovering the deleted file are reduced because the data may be overwritten. This is true for almost anything that uses a conventional file system (e.g. NTFS, FAT etc.).

There are hundreds of applications for recovering deleted files - give this a try: PC Inspector Smart Recovery

Thank you! i'll try it