Page 1 of 2
Does there happen to be a connection between the two? (In most cases, I know there are amazing singers who are not deemed generally attractive by most).

if so, i'm fucked.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
If that was true, I'd be Frank Sinatra. Instead my vocal ability is more the sound of a moose falling down a flight of stairs.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
No, just look at Matt Bellamy.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by Ovenman

um, he is attractive (to me at least) and has a good voice?

Quote by Kensai
If that was true, I'd be Frank Sinatra. Instead my vocal ability is more the sound of a moose falling down a flight of stairs.

well maybe you're special.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
James Hetfield

Freddy Mercury

The guy in ACDC

Maynard James Keenan

None of them are that good looking
I think a good singer will look more attractive due to their talent of singing?
Also most singers always either smile or dance around flirtatiously again making them look more attractive.
meh
No.
Look at me.
I cant sing for nuts.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by Keskimaki
I am. What am I looking at?

Matt Bellamy.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

He is very thin and short and has a weird chin.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
It's the general aura of confidence singers have around them that makes them attractive. It's pure charisma, nothing more.
me lol

The guy from Eighteen Visions
Jacoby Shaddix (Papa Roach) [they almost look the same lol]
M. Shadows (A7X) a buddy said "that's how a rock singer must look like"
Ben Burnley (Breaking Benjamin)

and pretty much every visual kei singer
No, I think its just a case that people are more likely to listen to people that they wouldn't mind looking at.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
^ I'd hit it though.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
^
With what exactly?

-----------------------------------
Brad Delp.

not much of a looker, amazing voice.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Last edited by osXtiger at Sep 20, 2009,
Janis Joplin was an uggo. But holy crap, that voice.

Is this a thread started so people would compliment your looks/voice, Danny?
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Quote by Laces Out Danny
Does there happen to be a connection between the two? (In most cases, I know there are amazing singers who are not deemed generally attractive by most).

if so, i'm fucked.

To me, you look like Matt Heafy during the Ascendancy days.
Quote by ZackyJW83
I think a good singer will look more attractive due to their talent of singing?
Also most singers always either smile or dance around flirtatiously again making them look more attractive.

This.

Chicks who can sing turn me on.

If they're friends/people I know, that is. If they're famous and out of my reach I'm probably not interested.
Where is your God now?

Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Matt Bellamy would get it from me.

Also, Thom Yorke. He's a misreable twat with and a dwarf. Not his fault that his eye's ****ed but he still looks terrible.

(Thom Yorke would also get it from me)
Quote by Matt-92
Matt Bellamy would get it from me.

Also, Thom Yorke. He's a misreable twat with and a dwarf. Not his fault that his eye's ****ed but he still looks terrible.

(Thom Yorke would also get it from me)

I think nowadays his vocal ability is not really as good as it used to be though. Back in The Bends and OK Computer era he was just phenomenal. He's still a good singer now though, just not as consistent if you ask me.
Good Looks equals Self Confidence which equals in singing ability and stage presence.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
There doesn't appear to be any correlation at all. There are lots of good looking people and lots of good singers. Those two things are bound to mix sometimes.
Quote by Jehuty
I think nowadays his vocal ability is not really as good as it used to be though. Back in The Bends and OK Computer era he was just phenomenal. He's still a good singer now though, just not as consistent if you ask me.

Yeah definately, I suppose it's age really, you can't go hitting the high notes like a castrated 12 year old for ever It also doesn't help that a lot of the stuff radiohead put out now hardly lets him belt 'em out like he did back then. Matt Bellamy is a very good singer as well, but he breathes really heavily all the time and it puts me off quite a lot.
Quote by Matt-92
Yeah definately, I suppose it's age really, you can't go hitting the high notes like a castrated 12 year old for ever It also doesn't help that a lot of the stuff radiohead put out now hardly lets him belt 'em out like he did back then. Matt Bellamy is a very good singer as well, but he breathes really heavily all the time and it puts me off quite a lot.

Yeah, age definitely plays a part. I still love the music though. And I never really got that Matt Bellamy thing, I guess I don't pay attention to it or really notice it.
In a way, the behavior may make someone appear more attractive (confidence, success) than their actual looks. People can be considered good looking and still sound terrible (Bill Kaulitz) or they can look ugly but be great singers (Janis Joplin).
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by Jehuty
Yeah, age definitely plays a part. I still love the music though. And I never really got that Matt Bellamy thing, I guess I don't pay attention to it or really notice it.

Don't try and listen out for it! What has been heard can never be unheard! I can still listen to muse, but sometimes i'm drawn in to the breathing
Most of the musicians i listen to are ugly, and i mean REALLY ugly.
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by Ovenman

Quote by Keskimaki
I am. What am I looking at?

Quote by shattamakar
Matt Bellamy.

I don't know why i laughed so hard at this, but i did.

Anyway, i think that it makes people seem more attractive if they have alot of talent, and on the topic of wether Matt Bellamy is attractive or not, alot of girls that i know find him really sexy, i think its because he is a great all round musician (don't know if he plays drums, but hes great at everything else).
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Devin Townsend. Best singer ever, ugly bastard.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Stupid question is stupid.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Matt-92
Don't try and listen out for it! What has been heard can never be unheard! I can still listen to muse, but sometimes i'm drawn in to the breathing

Definitely, I've had songs ruined for me by excessive breathing. It's like a car wreck, it's too hard NOT to pay attention too.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by whalepudding
Devin Townsend. Best singer ever, ugly bastard.

So true, i'm not really into Strapping young lad, but his solo thing (i can't remember if it has any other name than Devin Townsend) is fantastic, and he has a really great voice and he has alot of versatility (between his solo stuff and SYL).
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I don't think there actually is, but when I saw the thread title the first name that came to mind is Myles Kennedy. he's a phenomenal singer, and I happen to think he's stunningly attractive (he's an incredible guitarist and songwriter, as well. and I can say after having the pleasure to talk to him back in May that he has to be one of the nicest most genuine guys in rock and roll today).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UdW0Y95CBQ
Singing publicly has a lot to do with confidence. So if someone is really good looking, maybe they will have more confidence, and thus be able to sing better?
Page 1 of 2