Hi, I am looking to buy an Esp/LTD m-100FM Guitar.
Specs :
■Bolt-On
■25.5” Scale
■Basswood Body
■Flamed Maple Top
■Maple Neck
■Rosewood Fingerboard
■Locking Nut
■43mm Neck Width
■Extra Thin Flat Neck Contour
■24 XJ Frets
■Black Nickel Hardware
■ESP Tuners
■Floyd Rose Special Bridge
■ESP LH-150 (B&N) p.u.

Is this a Decent guitar for Rock/Metal?
what is your budget? ive gone through a million possible guitars, and started about 50 threads on here about them, and ive narrowed it down to (under $1100 AUD) the jackson DK2 and the Ibanez S320. Look at them if theyre in your budget.

Otherwise it should be fairly decent, the pickups are a bit trebly, basswood has alot of mids with not much high or low range (not great for metal). Also the floyd rose starts losing tuning stability after about 3-5months. If your on a tight budget though, it should be good.

( ^ i know this because the other guitarist in my band has a guitar with those exact same 3 features)
Last edited by shredder408 at Sep 20, 2009,
This has been my only guitar for 2 and a half years and it's been going pretty good.

The bridge is still stable, but that's because I don't do steve vai stuff on it. I use it for vibratos or not-so-intense divebombs (but I don't do those a lot).

Mind you, i also heavily modded my M-100FM. The tone I have right now is suitable, but that might be due to a number of factors with my mods.

I have the old Agathis model.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Cool. you see the thing is I have a LTD m10 which is not that bad a guitar but i am really looking to upgrade to something better. (i also have an Ibanez adx-120 but that is not important right now). I play in two bands at the moment and we play everything from metal to light rock, I play rythem and lead. Do you think this guitar would be a good upgrade from the cheap LTD? (I am on a tight budget)
Wait, are you upgrading into an M-100FM or you already have it and upgrading from it?

Either way, the M-100FM is a good guitar for its price. Maybe you'll want a pickup change to increase the longevity.
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
I'm honestly quite content with mine. The fret board feels and looks a little bit cheap, but it still overall kicks major ass
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
It's good for the price.
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
I say get rid of the tremelo.
Go look for something like this MH-100QMNT
Maybe you also look at shecter. They have some nice stuff to.