Home recording or Studio recording?

Just thought i'd throw the question out there and see your responses, i'm interested in both and I am just wondering which one the band i'm in should do.

We play Metal with a sort of progressive style through small amps and we wanna' record 3/4 songs.
Quote by Headcrusher!
Home recording or Studio recording?

Just thought i'd throw the question out there and see your responses, i'm interested in both and I am just wondering which one the band i'm in should do.

We play Metal with a sort of progressive style through small amps and we wanna' record 3/4 songs.

i mean a studio will most likely give much better results, because htey have invested prob a couple hundred thousand into it and have nice mics,mic pres etc..... also they will know what their doing. If you put the time into it you can still get very good results with a home studio and especially after a lot of time into it.
If you're just recording a few demos then you'll get more bang for your buck if you buy some basic recording gear.

If you can afford to buy about 2 times the studio time you think you'll need then studio all the way.

Studio is of course better but there are advantages with home recording, some people take for ever to put songs together so they really can't afford to rent out a studio.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
your still looking at a fair bit of cash to get decent recording stuff though
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.