hey all looking for a nice little amp for around 200 pounds to practice on any suggestions out there oh would prefer all tube
black star ht-5
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
the nanovalves arent particularly warm imo. amd since theyre sub £100 and he has £200 id say get a little giant combo. better classic rawwwkk tonez.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by O.O Meow O.O
black star ht-5

he said £200, even jsut the head on its own is £250, and the combo is £300.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

What kind of music do you play? Willing to buy used?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by Silver-spear94
he said £200, even jsut the head on its own is £250, and the combo is £300.

the head online is only £190
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
i play everything from blues to nu metal so one to do all would be good and could push to 300 pounds no used
then the Blackstar HT-5 is the way to go
Quote by angusfan16
if you can push to £300 and arent willing to go used, i second the HT-5.

however, if you would go used you could probably get a tiny terror combo.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

nah,the tiny terror is muddy
Quote by angusfan16
Yeah sorry but either save up for a Blackstar or just stick with solid state for a while. Tube amps are expensive, you have to get used to that.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
lol not sticking with my ss its a errrr dont laugh spider 3 150 lol and already have a stack for gigging this will just be for practicing in house etc cause half the time i really cant be bothered to travel to the practice room we have to use my stack and the spider sounds like poop
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
the head online is only £190

Where is that ?
Ibanez RG1570 (06) LTD Truckster (07) Fender USA Standard Strat (97) Blackstar HT5s ,TC Polytune, SHO Clone, Russian Muff pi, EHX Small Clone, MXR Carbon Copy, Marshall Reflector, MXR 10 Band EQ
musicianfriend.com
Quote by angusfan16
MF dont deliver international i dont think.

try www.machinehead.co.uk

great guys there.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
MF dont deliver international i dont think.

try www.machinehead.co.uk

great guys there.
Thanks,
Doesn't look like MF deliver to UK. Machinhead are out of stock and the same £249 as everywhere else
Ibanez RG1570 (06) LTD Truckster (07) Fender USA Standard Strat (97) Blackstar HT5s ,TC Polytune, SHO Clone, Russian Muff pi, EHX Small Clone, MXR Carbon Copy, Marshall Reflector, MXR 10 Band EQ
Last edited by marmaliser at Sep 20, 2009,
i would get the combo anyway dont need a stack for bed room practice any idea how loud the blackstar is ???? i know it says 5 watts but will it still wake the neighbours 3 doors down ???
yes it will
Quote by angusfan16
i run my BH5H (5 watts) on about 3 with my pedals (EQ and POD boost volume significantly)

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by scottishme
i would get the combo anyway dont need a stack for bed room practice any idea how loud the blackstar is ???? i know it says 5 watts but will it still wake the neighbours 3 doors down ???

A 5 watt amp is a lot louder than most people realize it is. However, you can turn the volume down (you won't get that sweet cranked tone though) and play.

If you're worried about waking people up (and since this is for bedroom practice) you may be better off going with something like a Line 6 POD and headphones. I know you said that you prefer a tube amp, but any tube amp you get is going to be loud!
if only the HT-5 had a master volume, it would be the ultimate bedroom tone machine.

crank the channel and roll off the master. toans!

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

hmmmmm never thought of that one metal head thats a nice cheap option as well