^ The question is up there. I'm talking about controlled feedback of course. If the volume is really high etc, does it damage anything, even a little?
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15
no, the only thing it might damage is the speaker but they are made to handle the mid-heavy guitar sound and are made rugged enough to withstand enormous volume peaks. don't worry about it, as long as the wattage of the speaker matches or is bigger than the amp.
Quote by J-Master
no, the only thing it might damage is the speaker but they are made to handle the mid-heavy guitar sound and are made rugged enough to withstand enormous volume peaks. don't worry about it, as long as the wattage of the speaker matches or is bigger than the amp.

You might want to check that speakerwattage. I've seen enough amps that have a significantly lower wattage than the amp has due modifications.
Nah, if your speaker can handle the volume the feedback would be without buzzing it's no problem.
It wont damage your amp but maybe your speakers but not much really, like some people have said, check the wattage of the speakers.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
I'd have more concern about my ears than the amp. Don't blow your ears out or you'll permanently damage them.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
It shouldn't ruin the amp if you play around with some feedback.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz