ok so i was wondering how this would work.
the bassist from my band bought a line 6 spider IV, saying he wanted to use the effects on it with his bass. was this a good idea?
Kill your bass player, not only did he get a guitar amp for his bass(which im pretty sure you cant do), but he got a spider 4.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
No it wasn't, watch for the speakers to blow out sometime soon. In fact it was more of a waste of that money than buying it for a guitar.
Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Currently saving for:
Agile/Gary Kramer 7 string
Dear lord, why haven't these been stickied yet!

*crys tears of pure anger*

Bass will ruin a guitar amp over time, trust me.
I was one of the 'It'll be fine' crowd untill my practise amp in my room suddenly started to generate it's own harsh buzzing.

I'm still using it, but that's because I don't care about a 15 watt Yamaha.
Tell him to run it through the Direct Output/Phones jack into the input of a bass amp.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
But what will do guitar in bass amp? I have thought about this and i have never seen anyone talking about it
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Quote by Gessu
But what will do guitar in bass amp? I have thought about this and i have never seen anyone talking about it
It's not as uncommon as you think. Generally, it will be a much bassier sound than you would get from a guitar, which some people think sound awesome (such as myself). Bass amps cover the same frequencies as guitar amps do, only with extended low and lo-mid range.

Anyway, if he just wanted effects WHY WOULDN'T YOU JUST GET THE LINE 6 BASS SERIES? Tell him to return it to the store.
Quote by Steve08
It's not as uncommon as you think. Generally, it will be a much bassier sound than you would get from a guitar, which some people think sound awesome (such as myself). Bass amps cover the same frequencies as guitar amps do, only with extended low and lo-mid range.

Anyway, if he just wanted effects WHY WOULDN'T YOU JUST GET THE LINE 6 BASS SERIES? Tell him to return it to the store.
This. My Behringer sounds half-decent for guitar, compared to the **** that came out of it when I played bass through it.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Holy hell SEARCH ****ING BAR. Hell, even Google will tell you that it's a bad idea.

And why your bassist would use a Spider's effects is beyond me. I hooked my Spider up to my bass rig for laughs (I used the line out and ran it to my bass amp so I could bypass the speaker) and it sounded horrible.
Just to get this thread on somewhat of a relevant course...

I was playing through a Line 6 bass amp in the studio today (not expecting anything good), and if you ignore the effects section entirely... they aren't bad amps.

I mean, they aren't great by anyones standards... but I don't think they deserve to be barrelled into the same hate section that the Spider guitar amps are.
True enough . . . but wouldn't it still be a better idea to take the money from a line 6 bass amp and put it into a better amp for the price? i.e. Ampeg, Galien Kruger, Ashdown, hell, even Fender.
Surely this a troll? No one is stupid enough to get that amp and use it on the wrong instrument. If it isn't god help us all...
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
my bands bassist is well on his way to ruining his brothers amp with his bass lol

its ok though its only 15 watt
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
In the interest of a fair argument I shall provide the opinion of the average guitard.

He shouldn't get a line 6 for his bass, bass players aren't supposed to have effects, you should leave that for the guitarists.
Line 6 are excellent if he wanted to play guitar, although if he is a bass player he probably isn't good enough to play guitar and that's why he switched.
don't be stupid.

Quote by Casketcreep
In the interest of a fair argument I shall provide the opinion of the average guitard.

He shouldn't get a line 6 for his bass, bass players aren't supposed to have effects, you should leave that for the guitarists.
Line 6 are excellent if he wanted to play guitar, although if he is a bass player he probably isn't good enough to play guitar and that's why he switched.

you better be trollin
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
Quote by Casketcreep

this, and you should have a really cool looking bass, but that's why you should buy it, because you shouldn't actually HEAR your bass.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
^
I dont know if I'm crying from laughter, or because my soul has just been brutalized