Okay I play bass for 2 days and my behringer bxl1800A amp makes strange noises and after some playing it isn`t working at all.

So can I somehow solve the problem my own or do I have to go back to the store and give it back?

Thanx for helping me out
Quote by Doctor Thirteen
new

if its new and you are having problems then definitely take it back where you got it and see whats up. also, it might your bass, not necessarily the amp.
dude, it's a Behringer, what do you expect?
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by gsd65
if its new and you are having problems then definitely take it back where you got it and see whats up. also, it might your bass, not necessarily the amp.

the problem is the amp weighs about 40 pounds and the store is 10 km away

It is not much fun I can tell you that
Quote by Doctor Thirteen
the problem is the amp weighs about 40 pounds and the store is 10 km away

It is not much fun I can tell you that

my amp is about 100 pounds so you dont have much sympathy from me there :p just call a friend if you need help loading it up and to go with you.
Quote by gsd65
my amp is about 100 pounds so you dont have much sympathy from me there :p just call a friend if you need help loading it up and to go with you.

I don't have a car or something. I have to walk the whole way
Last edited by Doctor Thirteen at Sep 20, 2009,
ok I think I know what the problem is my bass guitar is broken, not the amp.

because i tried my guitar with the amp and it worked fine.
Quote by Doctor Thirteen
Okay I play bass for 2 days and my behringer bxl1800A amp makes strange noises and after some playing it isn`t working at all.

So can I somehow solve the problem my own or do I have to go back to the store and give it back?

Thanx for helping me out
It's Behringer. It is almost assuredly the amp and not the bass, unless you dropped it in water or something recently.
Quote by Steve08
It's Behringer. It is almost assuredly the amp and not the bass, unless you dropped it in water or something recently.

are you sure?
Quote by Steve08
Well, it's hard to be sure without some information. What bass is it? Does it have active electronics? Etc.

it is a fernandes deluxe 4 gravity bass.

google it and u can see what it looks like
Quote by Doctor Thirteen
it is a fernandes deluxe 4 gravity bass.

google it and u can see what it looks like
Since it seems active (this means there will be a battery compartment on the back of the bass) try replacing the battery.

The reason some have said "it's a Behringer" is because that company has a fairly infamous reputation for making low quality amps, that simply die for no particular reason due to cheap parts and manufacturing. Getting it repaired under warranty is also a nightmare.
Quote by Steve08
Since it seems active (this means there will be a battery compartment on the back of the bass) try replacing the battery.

The reason some have said "it's a Behringer" is because that company has a fairly infamous reputation for making low quality amps, that simply die for no particular reason due to cheap parts and manufacturing. Getting it repaired under warranty is also a nightmare.

I changed battery but it still won't work
Quote by Doctor Thirteen
I changed battery but it still won't work
Uh, do you have a guitar amp? (I'm assuming you do)

If so, try and play the bass through that, and if it makes sound then you can be assured that it's the Behringer. But only play the bass through the amp to see if it makes sound, for a long term basis this is not a good idea.
Quote by Steve08
Uh, do you have a guitar amp? (I'm assuming you do)

If so, try and play the bass through that, and if it makes sound then you can be assured that it's the Behringer. But only play the bass through the amp to see if it makes sound, for a long term basis this is not a good idea.

No sound. So I think the bass is broken
Why would it be the AMP if TS's like second post is that his guitar can run through it but his bass can't? And also that his bass doesn't run through his guitar amp.

LOLOLTSLOL +1 Behringer lol it broke yr bass (a joke)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
okay my bass guitar was working for half an hour today and in the beginning it worked really well, but after some playing it sounds like I use a fuzz effect and it gets stronger and stronger until there is no sound at all comin out.

does someone else had this problem and knows how to solve it?