Lately the number 1 problem I've had with my technique is being able to bend in tune. I'm pretty bad at it, and wanna practice, but I have no idea how. I'm not that good at remembering the exact pitch of a note, which causes difficulties. Any ideas?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Play a note ,eg : 15th fret ,B string ,then bend the 13th fret and make that sound the same ,then just move that kind of 2 notes apart shape around and then try and match the pitch
there's a few good lessons i'd recomend watching on youtube. the best ones imo by justin sandercoe

other than that. play the desired note, go two frets down and bend to pitch, good way to practice. or you can learn solos and licks by your favourite bands and play along to the songs and nail that stuff, which is also a good way
Practice and try to tune you guitar by ear. It'll help you get the perfect pitch. And normally you should hear it when you are bending in tune because, it is in tune... But that's just what I'm doing...
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by Joe310707
Play a note ,eg : 15th fret ,B string ,then bend the 13th fret and make that sound the same ,then just move that kind of 2 notes apart shape around and then try and match the pitch

That's exactly what I do. Except I will pick each note twice (or in a little random rhythm to make things interesting) - ie pick the unbent note twice, and for the bend, it would be pick-bend-pick bent note. That makes it super obvious if you are bending too much or too little.

I have a 5 minute segment of my practice every day where I do nothing but work on my bends, using this method. It also works beautifully for working on your bend vibrato - vibrato a note, then move down 2 frets, bend up a whole step, and vibrato the bent note and try to match the sound of the vibrato to the unbent note.

Also, make sure you work on your half step bends and your 1 1/2 step bends too, once you are confident with your whole step bends.

I make sure I do my 5 mins of nothing but bends early in my practice right after warming up - it helps get my ear tuned for the rest of my practice.
Last edited by se012101 at Sep 20, 2009,
Try practising unison bends and getting those in tune. You can also play the note that you want to reach and practice bending to it from another note. Practice is your only option.