Pretty straight forward question. Lately I've been holding my strat shaped Schecter almost like a V with the bottom between my legs because I've found the elevated neck feels more comfortable to me.

So how do you guys play your EGs?
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Last edited by leftyace at Sep 20, 2009,
I'm sort of the same, when I'm doing lead playing, i hold my SG similar, having the neck at that angle works for me, but when it comes to rhythm playing i hold the neck out to the side, 90 degree kinda look, always nice and low though, either way

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
With my LP I hold it up at an angle and between my legs for upper fret access and general comfort. For my strat knockoff I hold whatever way I feel like.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Proper form is the waist rests on your left thigh (right handed players), so I try to keep to that.
Moving on.....
classical position FTW! especially for lead playing. but I actually stand 95% of the time when I play.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I've been resting the guitar on my right leg while playing all the time, but now i only play with it on the left leg (Like a V shaped guitar).
Sometimes in normal somtimes in casual position. When standing up I wear it quite low but not that low.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
It depends on the guitar. I bring the neck way up with my Les Paul but with my strat I use more of a classical off the side of my hip position. Its amazing how the little subtle things like how you hold it can affect your playing.
Whatever the hell I feel like. Though classical usually feels a lot better for playing leads, as it's closest to where it sits when I'm standing as well. Rhythm is awesome on the right thigh though.
Quote by GuitarDTO
It depends on the guitar. I bring the neck way up with my Les Paul but with my strat I use more of a classical off the side of my hip position. Its amazing how the little subtle things like how you hold it can affect your playing.

Yea im starting to really notice it. LIke you said, different guitars feel better in different positions.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Classical position.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Classical position with everything non chords, with chords, normal postion.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
I have a v so i play classical...

when i had my ibby i played regular but i figured out that classical is easier and more comfy to play
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
on my left leg like a v
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
With a Jackson string-thru RR3, I pretty much just play in classical sitting down. For standing up, I play with the guitar balanced on either leg like Alexi Laiho, so I have more stability for stuff like sweeping and tapping.
Like I'm making sweet luv bebeh.....
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"