So I've got a little money saved up and a bit more on the way (gotta love refund money). I've been thinking of getting either the '57 Deluxe Reissue or the '57Twin Reissue, which would y'all go for? And no, I'm not planning on playing metal with it.
twin.

i just like the tone better.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Twin. it's basically the basis for most boutique high gain amps, Dumble in particular. the Deluxe's cranked tone is more loose and buzzy, more for garage rock and punk.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I would pick the Deluxe. Try them both, as everybody has a different opinion.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I prefer the twin
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
The Twin has the most amazing cleans i've ever heard.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Zoso1994

Actually my Marshall Bluesbreaker's cleans beat the Twin's
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by Junnage

Never heard one :P

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I'd get the deluxe, but I'd probably get a boutique clone of a deluxe for cheaper and with superior quality (clark beaufort, richter 5e3, victoria 20112).
The Twin Reverb and the 57 Twin Amp are not the same amp. Are you asking about the Twin Reverb or the Twin Amp 57?
He's probably talking about the tweed, as the amp he's debating against is a tweed Deluxe

edit: but I think it is relevant to point out the differences since I think some people in the thread might be confused....

Quote by Zoso1994
You are probably thinking about the Twin reverb, which is really the amp most known for it's bright and sparkling cleans. Compared to it's BF and SF counterparts, tweeds are lower in wattage and is darker, fatter and growlier in tone than a BF. So those of you who are thinking about the typical bright, sparkly twin reverb clean, a '57 twin is going to sound more like a Marshall.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by pak1351
I'd get the deluxe, but I'd probably get a boutique clone of a deluxe for cheaper and with superior quality (clark beaufort, richter 5e3, victoria 20112).

don't forge Ceriatone. great amps for the price.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
the twin will shake you house. just remember that, it's louder than any other combo i've ever played. I'd take (and DID take) the deluxe for that reason
Quote by Junnage

And my Framus RR combo beat your Marshall Bluesbreaker's cleans........
Question is Twin or Deluxe isn it?
I think the Deluxe has more bite. Not to mention the Deluxe is 15 watts and the Twin Reverb is 100 watts with no master volume.
Quote by BrickIsRed
I think the Deluxe has more bite. Not to mention the Deluxe is 15 watts and the Twin Reverb is 100 watts with no master volume.

more like 12 and 40 watts...
Quote by Jhachey22
don't forge Ceriatone. great amps for the price.

I wouldn't put it on the same level as the ones I listed.

If you're into classic rock, I can wholeheartedly recommend a 3 Monkeys Orangutan. I played one around a month ago and was blown away by it. Not a jazz or metal amp, but neither are the Fenders you were looking at.
Quote by BrickIsRed
Says 85 watts from what I see. http://www.thomann.de/ie/fender_65_twinreverb.htm

That's the twin reverb. We are talking about the tweed twin. Not all Fenders with the word 'twin' in the name are same amp.

That clearly says '65 Twin Reverb, we are talking about the '57 Twin.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Sep 22, 2009,

=/=

This thread is

My vote goes for the Twin, It's a little less rough around the edges, although I am comparing the reissue Twin against an original Deluxe; I have not played the reissue deluxe.
Quote by pak1351
I wouldn't put it on the same level as the ones I listed.

If you're into classic rock, I can wholeheartedly recommend a 3 Monkeys Orangutan. I played one around a month ago and was blown away by it. Not a jazz or metal amp, but neither are the Fenders you were looking at.

Ceriatone are still damn good for the price.if someone doesn't have the money for a Clark or a Victoria.

also, one of the best priced Deluxe clones i've seen/heard is Lil Dawg amps.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I would go for a Twin Reverb...I'm drooling right now over it. But that's my opinion. You haven't stated your exact needs...
Quote by sg4ever
I would go for a Twin Reverb...I'm drooling right now over it. But that's my opinion. You haven't stated your exact needs...

Read the focking thread, jackass. This is about the Tweed Twin, which is not the same as a Twin Reverb. I'm sorry to be blunt but this is getting obnoxious.

Edit: The second post above you... It doesn't get any more clear than that.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I like the tweed twin as well. Sorry about that. I still want to know what he's gonna play on the amp.
Quote by sg4ever
I like the tweed twin as well. Sorry about that. I still want to know what he's gonna play on the amp.

No problem, as I said I usually wouldn't be so rude, but when the post is two above you with huge pictures and symbols it gets a little annoying. Especially since it seems like every other post in here has been:

"I love Twin Reverbs, they have great cleans."
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Hmmm I hope you people posted all this before the guy changed the name of the thread.
Quote by antoine2055
Hmmm I hope you people posted all this before the guy changed the name of the thread.

Quote by ndrummerc
So I've got a little money saved up and a bit more on the way (gotta love refund money). I've been thinking of getting either the '57 Deluxe Reissue or the '57Twin Reissue, which would y'all go for? And no, I'm not planning on playing metal with it.

read
Fender isn't the most original on the names they give to amp.... Everything would be simpler if the guy just said to us what amp exactly he's talking about.
Quote by tubetime86
Read the focking thread, jackass. This is about the Tweed Twin, which is not the same as a Twin Reverb. I'm sorry to be blunt but this is getting obnoxious.

Edit: The second post above you... It doesn't get any more clear than that.
Don't be so harsh.
Personally I blame TS just as much, for any misunderstanding in this thread because of the thread title:
Quote by ndrummerc
Fender Deluxe or Twin Reverb?
This is the first thing a person sees, even before they open the thread.

None of the tweeds had reverb.
Saying Twin Reverb immediately puts people in the mindset of the Blackface reissue.

Bad thread is bad.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.