so Im asking for headphones for my birthday in 5 days.
Good ones, not ear buds. But not like the thousand fucking dollar Bose noise cancelers either.
My mom told me to show her online what I want, and I honestly have no idea where to even start looking.

Any ideas for good quality headphones that will last and wont break the bank.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
I got some nice Yamaha ones that cover your ears. They were 30$ and came with a 1/4 inch adapter jack so you could plug it into an amp if it has one of those. They've lasted two years so far, are in great condition, and have about a 5 foot cable on them.
Bayside - Duality
Aesop Rock - Bazooka Tooth
Horse the Band - The Mechanical Hand
Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us is the Killer
Common - Be
I got a pair of behringer headphones for about 20 bucks that I am really quite pleased with. They are the behringer hpm 1000 model.

I like them because the plug fits both 1/4 inch and headphone size jacks. It comes with a 1/4 inch plug on the end that you can unscrew and it becomes a normal headphone size.

They also sound nice, it's hard for me to listen to stuff with earbuds now.

You could probably spend a little more on a nicer pair somewhere, but for 20 bucks these are hard to beat.
ZOMGZ SKUL KANDI LOL DER DA BEST

don't get skull candys, whatever you do. they're good until they die. waste of money. sennhesiers are great and comfy. i'd recommend those.
Skullcandy 'Skullcrushers'. Like $45, comes with battery-operated subwoofers on each side, gets nice and loud and almost bounces off your head from the bass. Only issue is you have to keep the subwoofer with batteries or off or it buzzes.
I am an officially ordained Dudist Priest.

"Human beings are miraculous for their ability to learn and adapt from their mistakes, but even more so for their apparent disinclination to do so." Douglas Adams
yeah skull candies are just a fad. they are horrible and break.

I will be using them for my ipod.

also rough budget 30-70 would be fine
-George Carlin

PM me to donate
Quote by assparade69
ZOMGZ SKUL KANDI LOL DER DA BEST

don't get skull candys, whatever you do. they're good until they die. waste of money. sennhesiers are great and comfy. i'd recommend those.

as far as I'm concerned, most things are good until they die
Sennheiser

HD-25-1 (or the cheaper version)
they don't look 'cool' but they're awesome
I've had a pair since 2006 and they're still alive. And you see them all the time on television, 80% of the time the sound guy is wearing a pair of these.
They're not that expensive
Quote by B4Dkarma
yeah skull candies are just a fad. they are horrible and break.

I will be using them for my ipod.

also rough budget 30-70 would be fine

Maybe the headphones, I've never personally used them. The earbuds are amazing though.
where do they sell sennheisers
-George Carlin

PM me to donate
sennheiser hd 212 pro. very good quality, very comfy, around £30 and when im wearing them i can stand up and the wire can touch the floor and come back up to around my shoulder (im 6 foot 2).
Gear
Basses
Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass in Olympic White

Guitars
Squier Stratocaster Showmaster NLT HSS
Stagg Electro Acoustic

Amps
Carlsbro Cobra Bass 90W
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Squier SA-10

PICK YOUR POISON AND GIVE ME A BUDGET TO WORK WITH AND I'LL FIND AN EXACT MODEL FOR YOU

GRADO - best midrange out there, makes them some of the best for rock

SENNHEISER - very warm-sounding, veiled high frequencies, easy to listen to for a long time without fatigue

AUDIO-TECHNICA - very good mid-range and high-end, though they also offer some bassy models. great all-rounders

AKG - their cheaper models are balanced and laid-back. good for mixing. the more expensive models are very bright and ridiculously detailed - not for the faint of heart!

SONY - no house sound to speak of, but they seem to mostly produce bassy headphones. some of them are very bright, though.

SHURE - relaxed, balanced sound. excellent mid-range. decent soundstage for closed cans. great for use as studio monitors.

There are many more good companies, but these are a few of the more well-known ones.
Quote by So-Cal
Grados Grados Grados

SOOOO the way to go if portability isnt an issue.

Go to Head-Fi.org, they'll help you pick out the best pair in your price range
Quote by Zida
Go to Head-Fi.org, they'll help you pick out the best pair in your price range

I second this notion.