here it is, finally the apocalypse is here. I'm still trying to figure out a way to get an orchestra behind it, because I think it would work really well, but for now here's the raw "band" version

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/kalium/

"The Apocalypse", recorded with my 8-string guitar and TonePort UX1, Drumkit from Hell and some no-brand bass.
Crit for crit as always
Sounds pretty good dude, I didn't know you had a 8 string guitar, I couldn't see it in your guitars list anyway. I liked the guitar tone, it wasn't too scooped or with too much mids, the drums were at the right volume and you could hear everything, like all the guitars, drums and lead guitars.

4/5 dude, it was good.
I'll do the orchestral for you if you want... Got an msn or anything?
I'm really digging this you incorporate the 8 string very nicely you record it well without falling into djent or Meshuggah so props for that.

The interlude at 2.30 onwards drags a tiny bit i think, and I'm not sure what the weird bird noises are? But the riff it goes to is awesome, and the leads are great and the overall sound and tone is really nice.

The end is near sounds great but the into sound effects through me off, I though I was in the film alien or something, and then the '2012 we will all die' was a bit anoying as well considering its b/s The middle dragged a bit for me, but the way it slowly ascended and decended sounded like meshuggahs bleed intro, may be add some leads over that? It then slows down further which is cool for the apocalypse feel but that same drum fill over and over was getting anoying and made it drag a bit, spicing up that section some how would be good.

The fast paced blame is also great, not too sure on the lead sound though.

I'm also liking shades of green, and kalium doesnt seem to fit, the start of the vocals some how reminded me of this *click* but it was only a snippet so I'm sure the whole song will work.

Overall I cant wait to hear the album

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
I'm really digging this you incorporate the 8 string very nicely you record it well without falling into djent or Meshuggah so props for that.

The interlude at 2.30 onwards drags a tiny bit i think, and I'm not sure what the weird bird noises are? But the riff it goes to is awesome, and the leads are great and the overall sound and tone is really nice.

The end is near sounds great but the into sound effects through me off, I though I was in the film alien or something, and then the '2012 we will all die' was a bit anoying as well considering its b/s The middle dragged a bit for me, but the way it slowly ascended and decended sounded like meshuggahs bleed intro, may be add some leads over that? It then slows down further which is cool for the apocalypse feel but that same drum fill over and over was getting anoying and made it drag a bit, spicing up that section some how would be good.

The fast paced blame is also great, not too sure on the lead sound though.

I'm also liking shades of green, and kalium doesnt seem to fit, the start of the vocals some how reminded me of this *click* but it was only a snippet so I'm sure the whole song will work.

Overall I cant wait to hear the album

weeeeeell it IS kinda tounge-in-cheek, you know
It's just if you're releasing an album about the apocalypse, and there are rumors going around about the apocalypse in 2012, well... kindof a no-brainer there

New songs up! Full song of Shades of Green Pt. 1!
Nice tone. The lead is a little quiet when it comes in. Reall cool harmonies around :48

1:01 was really unexpected but still great. This part could use a bit of synth to fill out the sound in the background. It feels just a little empty with just the clean guitars. Wasn't a fan of the big noise build part around 2 minutes in. The clean bit after that was just a bit unexciting. 3:42 was a very good change from how it was. Again the lead is too quiet IMO. Cool lead line though.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202627
Check out my band Disturbed
I liked it alot, it was very interesting too see how you used an 8 string guitar, it came together very nicely, and didnt sound like some crazy death core metal or something extreme that 8 string guitarist are accosiated with. I did think that some of the clean parts could of had more volume in the mix, and that noise build up didnt really fit, I think mabey feedback would of worked better. But I liked how you didnt over complicate the song, it was simple, but not like boring simple. It kept me entertained the whole song.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1203448