Page 1 of 2
Did anyone see this?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2009/09/15/dnt.guitar.hero.record.king

Some weird kid that's destined to be a loser (he said this world record was important) just scored the highest score ever.

Whose cares right? The only reason why I put this on this website is because later in the interview, the kid mentions he tried a real guitar, but it was too hard. I imagine he put about five minutes into it.

The point is, I have little hope for the next generation for creating the next REAL guitar hero, one who actually plays a stringed instrument. I get it that it exposes kids to good music, but at the same time, these kids will never translate musical interest to a real guitar just because it is too hard.

Thoughts?
Let him live his life.
And you live yours.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

"watch his nimble fingers move on the fret board"

4 seconds in and i am disappointed

edit: "i tried, but theres all these strings and you have to hit notes, and it was hard"
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Last edited by DempseyPunk at Sep 20, 2009,
Thats ridiculous.

What depresses me is how he described real guitar: "it has like all these strings, and you have to strum and hit notes"
BREAKING NEWS: 10:51 AM Sunday, September 20th

Boy opens thread on Ultimate-Guitar, doesn't give a shit.
ya guyz guitar queero is so gay and retrdded srsly

I think you'll get over it, TS.
The playground of the world
So what, he's good at a video game, let him get his 3:00 minutes on CNN, if you were that good at guitar hero, you'd want your time.. What good does any of it do him overall?
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
he's 12, let him do what he wants

it is kinda ironic that he said it would be too much effort to learn guitar though.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by shattamakar
Let him live his life.
And you live yours.

+1, Seriously get off your high horse the kids only 12, i didnt pick up a guitar till i was 18, very few 12 year olds have the patience to learn.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I facepalmed when he said "there's all these strings and I have to strum and hit notes"
"watch his nimble fingers move on the fretboard"

LOL
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Quote by failingsociety$

Ok hold on lemme check your pulse...

ok it's normal, are you breathing? Ok breathe in.....breathe out....ok your lungs sound good to me.

Can you stand up straight? Any pain anywhere? Are you bleeding? Just your vagina? Ok that's normal.

Follow my finger.

>>>>>>

<<<<<<

Ok now open your mouth....say "ahhh"....excellent thank you.

I think you'll live.
There will be no musicians soon because somebody has an unproductive hobby? Nobody has ever said that before.
Real guitar doesn't give kids the instant gratification like GH, which is why most quit. GH got me interested in Guitar, I quit once, then picked it back up. Been playin 2 years now.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
i think guitar hero motivated me to play guitar...now i completely stopped on that game and have been playing for 2 years now
"I couldn't get into real guitar." "Theres all these strings, and you have to hit notes, and strum..."

omg...
i nearly died at "it has all these strings on it"
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by alkalineweeman
+1, Seriously get off your high horse the kids only 12, i didnt pick up a guitar till i was 18, very few 12 year olds have the patience to learn.

No, most kids have the patience when they're 12, from my experience.
"The kids amazing, I have never seen anybody play guitar hero that good"
"I never thought I would break a record for something as big as this"
"Watch his nimble fingers move across the fretboard"
Eventually they will have guitar hero guitars that have lots of notes and little buttons, like that Yamaha thing and they will be as common as real guitars, shame.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
at the video. They act like playing a game the greatest thing you can do.

HES 12!! sure its not that big of a deal, but think of how many millions of people play those games, and he set a record...AT 12!

i say good for him, however id like to smack his mom for letting him play so much...
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
I don't have anything against kids that play guitar hero, but I really hate when they're like "1 trYd 2 p14y r33l gUUtarrR nD it haz OvER 90O0 str1nGz n fRetZ iTZ SOO000OO H4RRDDD"

maybe cause REAL GUITAR INVOLVES EFFORT DIPSHIT
love is love // return to dust
Last edited by tancanada at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by alkalineweeman

I started when I was 8 or 9.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
BAAAAAAAAWW!!!

Big deal, the fewer kids that learn how to play guitar, the better. That will just make actual players like us unique.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
I died a little inside

Also, I lol'd at how they made it seem like it was hard work. "He's always had a natural ability to focus on things"

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
At first I was gonna say, "The kid really doesn't deserve to be made fun of because he's good at a videogame."

But then I saw the news video, and that was ridiculous. It's the adults' fault for telling him that what he did is actually a big deal.
Quote by bendystraw
Your point being?

He said most kids didn't have patience at 12. I was just sharing it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by metalh3ad88
At first I was gonna say, "The kid really doesn't deserve to be made fun of because he's good at a videogame."

But then I saw the news video, and that was ridiculous. It's the adults' fault for telling him that what he did is actually a big deal.

Exactly what made me laugh in the first place!
Quote by bendystraw
Your point being?

Quite obvious.

The kid's gonna die regretting all the time he wasted, quite like alot of the people here.

But the whole "Real guitar was too hard" thing... Urgh...

Sometimes I just feel cheapened, y'know?

Quote by AlecMag
I died a little inside

Also, I lol'd at how they made it seem like it was hard work. "He's always had a natural ability to focus on things"

Yet that natural ability tended to... Waver... when it came to an actual instrument.

Regardless of all the GH vs Real Guitar arguments, one thing is certain. Real musicians get more poonani.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by Tempoe
Eventually they will have guitar hero guitars that have lots of notes and little buttons, like that Yamaha thing and they will be as common as real guitars, shame.

That would be awesome. It's too bad that it'll never happen, because that would be more or less like playing an actual guitar, and that would be way too hard for the average gamer.

Why are you saying something like that would be bad?
Page 1 of 2