Okay so I got to do 20 questions on my hwk (HOMEWORK... not hawk)... I've done 12 so far & I came across this as my next question...

What is meant by the capacity of a battery?

& I dunno the answer to it... Can someone help? (Already googled it btw & nothing came up of use to me).

Oh & another question I dunno what the answer is...

Are NiMH batteries sold charged or uncharged?

Thanks for the help btw
Last edited by Fieryhead at Sep 20, 2009,
I have no idea what the hell you're talking about, so I'm guessing it belongs in a different place?

Talking about "hwk"

Wait, homework???

Lol, I also considered mohawk.
Last edited by Tire Me. at Sep 20, 2009,
capacity of a battery is how much it can store.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Tire Me.
I have no idea what the hell you're talking about, so I'm guessing it belongs in a different place?

Talking about "hwk"

lol its physics hwk & im completely stuck.
capacity of a battery would i guess be how much power it holds. dunno about the other.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Hwk?

I thought you meant;
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Capacity is the charge is can store, batteries are sold charged unless you live somewhere stupid.
NiMH batteries are sold uncharged. Reduces the risk of user overcharge.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
I believe you mean Capacitance.

n electromagnetism and electronics, capacitance is the ability of a body to hold an electrical charge. Capacitance is also a measure of the amount of electric charge stored for a given electric potential. A common form of charge storage device is a parallel-plate capacitor. In a parallel plate capacitor capacitance is directly proportional to the surface area of the conductor plates and inversely proportional to the separation distance between the plates. If the charges on the plates are +Q and −Q, and V gives the voltage between the plates, then the capacitance is given by

C = Q/V
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by Alex Vik
Dude, why'd you buy a hwk if you don't know how to take care of it? They're not really beginner's pets.

hwk as in homework. not a bird...

god that would be cool to have a hawk tho :L.
In most states, keeping a hawk in captivity is illegal.

EDIT: Damn, like 10 people beat me to it.
Quote by shattamakar

n electromagnetism and electronics, capacitance is the ability of a body to hold an electrical charge. Capacitance is also a measure of the amount of electric charge stored for a given electric potential. A common form of charge storage device is a parallel-plate capacitor. In a parallel plate capacitor capacitance is directly proportional to the surface area of the conductor plates and inversely proportional to the separation distance between the plates. If the charges on the plates are +Q and −Q, and V gives the voltage between the plates, then the capacitance is given by

C = Q/V

This
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Are NiMH batteries sold charged or uncharged?

Answer:

Uncharged
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Fieryhead
Anyone wanna help with my hwk?
I'll give you two bits of help.

1 - Spell words out completely instead of usiing non-standard abbreviations.
This will show others (especially your teachers) that you're not just a lazy bastard.

2 - Do your own homework. That way you might actually learn something.

EDIT:
Make that three bits.
Don't listen to this idiot:
Quote by shattamakar

C = Q/V
Battery Capacity =/= Capacitance.

Battery Capacity = Current x Time ... that a battery can maintain a sufficient percentage of the specified voltage.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Sep 20, 2009,
Honestly, if you're going to type "hwk (HOMEWORK... not hawk)" then saying "hwk" is kinda stupid. You've already wasted any time you might've saved by typing out an explanation for it. Just saying.

However, that mohawk is badass
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
Well you should have a book to help you with this, instead of cheating and consulting the pit. And yes, I would consider it cheating. But if you're just too lazy to take your book home, then you don't deserve any help.
Go to Wiki answers; a lot of people go there for homework, so chances are, someone else has already asked.
Quote by blizzboy
Well you should have a book to help you with this, instead of cheating and consulting the pit. And yes, I would consider it cheating. But if you're just too lazy to take your book home, then you don't deserve any help.

its not cheating actually. my teacher said we can use internet to help. & we weren't allowed to take our books home & this is all new to me anyway.
capacity is the charge (coulombs) per volt (or maybe i'm thinking of capacitance)

also NiMH are uncharged, like cell phones n crap in which when you buy it you must first charge it for like 8 hours.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----