well def not my style of music haha so take my crit with a grain of salt. Overall for the style of music I thought it was good. the guitar parts were crisp. I wasn't a big fan of the lead tone at parts just because it sounded very video game like. i did like that the starting vocals almost sounded like a thunderstorm. was a cool touch.
Quote by lilcurtis
well def not my style of music haha so take my crit with a grain of salt. Overall for the style of music I thought it was good. the guitar parts were crisp. I wasn't a big fan of the lead tone at parts just because it sounded very video game like. i did like that the starting vocals almost sounded like a thunderstorm. was a cool touch.

Some of the arpeggiated leads were actually a keyboard, so that might've made that effect. thanks for the crit!
Listening right now...

The opening drums could use some work. I'm all for hectic, but try to make it controlled.

The transition into the clean part was very nice. Although, I feel like the keyboard part comes in a little uncontrolled at first, but then it straightens out.

I'm not a fan of repeating the same transition, especially back to back. So maybe find another way to switch out of the keyboard wankery?

I like the singing in the next part... I don't know if you wanted the autotune to be heard or not.. But it is heard, just so you know.

I like this next what I will call "prog" section. Very nice.

The lead notes at around 2:25 sound out of key on accident, not on purpose. Accidentals are wonderful, so maybe look for other note choices, or perhaps a different chord?

Solo was nice, especially the end of it.

I feel like if you're going to use it anywhere, the keyboard needs to be present throughout.

Also, the guitar tone sounds pretty weak and thin in some parts.

And, the drums can be overbearing in the mix sometimes.

I really liked the vocals too.. Very well done.

Very good song. :]
Quote by Garb
Listening right now...

The opening drums could use some work. I'm all for hectic, but try to make it controlled.

Yeah, I suppose. I was kind of looking for the blast beating/overly tech drum feel. But I'm not sure any drummer would ergonomically play this like that.

The transition into the clean part was very nice. Although, I feel like the keyboard part comes in a little uncontrolled at first, but then it straightens out.

Yeah, I could've written something a little better phrasing wise there.

I'm not a fan of repeating the same transition, especially back to back. So maybe find another way to switch out of the keyboard wankery?

The arpeggios are following the same chord, but do change the way they're played. The sound is constant and barely noticeable anyway, so it's virtually the same thing. Got it.

I like the singing in the next part... I don't know if you wanted the autotune to be heard or not.. But it is heard, just so you know.

Yeah, I don't mind that it's heard. I'm probably not going to be able to hold the falsettos that high during the choruses for that long. plus I suck at singing, lol.

The lead notes at around 2:25 sound out of key on accident, not on purpose. Accidentals are wonderful, so maybe look for other note choices, or perhaps a different chord?

It's kind of the stupid fusion bizarre chromatic thing I was looking for, rather. Most of the weird ass shit I might've been looking for throughout the song.

I feel like if you're going to use it anywhere, the keyboard needs to be present throughout.

I agree, the lead sound should've been more present. Then again the song doesn't really like to stick to a constant idea. We've got an odd metered blues metal solo and a miniature oboe duet.

Also, the guitar tone sounds pretty weak and thin in some parts.

And, the drums can be overbearing in the mix sometimes.

Thanks, I'll be sure to mix better in the future!

Thanks for the critique bro, it's great to have!
Pretty interesting. Intro's pretty cool, the riff is pretty cool. Following riff is nice as well. Don't really like the vocals in the break, but the synth afterwards is cool. Interesting stuff. I like the clean vocals bit a bit after as well. But I don't really like the vocals in he section that starts at like 1:18. The break is nice, the solo afterwards has a really cool feel to it, I like the riff underneath it as well. And then ends pretty nicely as well.

Really interesting mix, I like it a fair bit. Nice one.
I loved it! There's really nothing in this song that I could say that needs work that others haven't already pointed out. I think drums could be a little better for the riff at :20 (maybe more cymbal work? Trying not to be vague with that statement. It's just the only part drum wise that I think needs a little something). At 3:05 singing part, the highs seem a tad loud. Might just be my headphones though. I'm just trying to nitpick. Solid song. Kind of reminds me of Devin Townsend Band. Do you just do this by yourself or are you in a band?
Quote by TheBezerker
I loved it! There's really nothing in this song that I could say that needs work that others haven't already pointed out. I think drums could be a little better for the riff at :20 (maybe more cymbal work? Trying not to be vague with that statement. It's just the only part drum wise that I think needs a little something). At 3:05 singing part, the highs seem a tad loud. Might just be my headphones though. I'm just trying to nitpick. Solid song. Kind of reminds me of Devin Townsend Band. Do you just do this by yourself or are you in a band?

I do all of this music myself, I wish I could find a band to play it so I could put some solo shows together or something.

Now do you mean highs as in treble? Cause that could be the case. I used to have a pair of skullcandy headphones I found in a classroom one day and they had the ugliest treble going on, it just hurt. But the mix could be bad just on my part.

Thanks for the crit, glad you liked!
I listened to it again on better speakers. The highs are fine. Damn shitty headphones.

Anyways, I really like all your stuff. You should definitely get into a band or something. You got some good writing skills. Should use it playing out. I wish I could come up with shit like that. Keep me updated, if you get a band going i'd love to hear it.
Wow, really nice!

Guitar parts seemed nice, I loved the harmonies, and the clean part was cool.

LOVE the synth! I absolutely love when synth is used like that!

Drums, as most people said, seem a bit chaotic and whatnot, but still good.

Vocals were really interesting too, but I really liked them.

Are you in a band or is that just yourself? Either way, sweet writing skills, and thanks for critting mine.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Dude. This is badass. Very dynamic and well written. I have nothing bad to say about this at all. Your synth parts are baller, oboes? YES!, vocals were great, guitar parts were fantastically written and well played, and I love your chaotic drumming. You sir, are a sorcerer of some kind. I've got some songs up from my band in the link in my sig if you'd like to check them out. I'll upload them to my profile sometime. Once again though, you did a hell of a job. Keep it up
Quote by jimmy388
Dude. This is badass. Very dynamic and well written. I have nothing bad to say about this at all. Your synth parts are baller, oboes? YES!, vocals were great, guitar parts were fantastically written and well played, and I love your chaotic drumming. You sir, are a sorcerer of some kind. I've got some songs up from my band in the link in my sig if you'd like to check them out. I'll upload them to my profile sometime. Once again though, you did a hell of a job. Keep it up

Thanks!

Your band has some interesting ideas. If you guys could find a bassist, you'd have a much fuller sound. I'd recommend that. You two as yourselves have some awesome things that would adapt nicely with another band member or two I think.

Thanks again for the crit! Glad you enjoyed.