What are some epic bends in solos? I was doing a Vai solo (FTLOG) with a bend on the high e string 17th B to D, and am looking for some other solos to practice bending, also bends that have great vibrato and just beg for you to make a funny face. Thanks.
To get my finger strength for bends i practice on extra heavy .13 gauge strings and do bends on the G string until it matches the A string note like this:
A-12------
G-14b16-
Strat>Interstellar Overdriver>Little Big Muff>Supersonic Fuzz Gun>Crybaby Classic>Crybaby>VP Jr. (TU-2 tuner out)>Electric Mistress XO>RV-3>E-1005 w/ Footswitch>DD-6 (stereo out)>DL-4 w/ Expression Pedal>Stereo Tremolo>Headrush>Fender Deluxe 85(2x)
Try Gary Moore's stuff. He's got anything you want in terms of Epic Bends: Just listen to Parisienne Walkways and you'll see.
My Signal Chain:

Gibson 1974 Les Paul Custom
Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +

Nigel will always be 1 louder than you!
Well I'm using 10s but changing to a heavier string would be a pain with my FR. I know lots of Gilmore, SRV solos, great benders for sure but I am more looking for specific songs with bends of a step and a half or so.

Going to listen to Parisienne Walkways and painkiller now, thanks
Last edited by Tempoe at Sep 20, 2009,
Yeah Parisienne Walkways has great bends.
Also try Money by Pink Floyd
Another brick in the Wall part 2 by Pink Floyd
Sunshine of your Love by Cream
The intro in Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden is based on unison bends so it's great to practice getting bends in tune
Look at the solo in Voices by Dream Theater. Lot's of uber Petrucci bends.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Paul Gilbert's "Curse of Castle Dragon"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCuHAfOPlBI

0:29 - 0:49

I may or may not have won the thread
"SO GLAD TO BE HERE I COULD JUMP OFF EVERY BRIDGE
BUT EVERYBODY'S GOT A ROPE AROUND ONE OF MY LIMBS
THEY'RE TRYIN' TO GET THEIR PIECE THEY KEEP ON TEARING ME APART
THEY WANNA GET INSIDE SO THEY CAN KICK AROUND MY HEART
"
Joe Satriani - The Forgotten (part 2)

That solos have amazing bends...
The song explains an emotion, as an end to lifelong mysteries, and the fantasy, for the fantasy is final result of reality...
Fantasy Engines
Josip Pesut
I'd suggest "Since I've been loving you" by Led Zeppelin. The solo has some great bending, and the song is just great to begin with.
Originally Posted by bucktheduck
You think you're any better, swamping in sexual filth with fangs bared and blood red eyes? I see through the cold blood of you reptiles, none of you can do any good to a world that I need to fix.

Apparently, me.
Adrian Smith has some great bend+vibratos.....
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
Seriously....How has no one said Brian May yet????
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

John Frusciante's improvised solo's contain them a lot and it's great to see the expression on his face and hear it in his playing
The most epic bend of all time is in Dogs by Pink Floyd. Anyone who disagrees is simply wrong.
hendrix all along the watchtower
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
I was looking at a gp file on here for children of the grave....and it said the solo had like 3whole step bends not sure if thats right to....