Poll: which should i buy
Poll Options
View poll results: which should i buy
gibson sg standard
16 24%
ESP eclipse-I CTM
52 76%
Voters: 68.
there the same price here in engladn i i like both of them i play hardrock or metal and a tiny weeny bit of calssic rock but i can use my fender for that plz vote and state your opinions because im really interested what people think i really love bothe guitar but i cant by both so which one.

Ps sorry if i posted this before but i forgot to put a polll on it and now everybody has lost interest SORRY.
Wdaubo
Stuff:
Gibson Darkfire, JVM410H+1960A
Mg100DFX MG30FX MGs!(i know they are crap)
Fender american standard strat
Ephiphone les paul studio
Ovation applause Acoustic
Hopefully a warmoth build in the near future!
ESP. It can probably do classic rock but I don't know if the SG can do teh brootalz metal.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Nothing's wrong with Gibson but here at UG we are totally biased toward ESP. So ESP
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

iplay all types of metal but nothing super heavy adrk hardcore stuff if that s waht your talking about. Oh and by the way the calssic rock thing doesnt matter too mcu as i do have a fender usa strat
Wdaubo
Stuff:
I would go with the ESP if it is not with EMGs on it, nothing against active pups except versatility, and it seems like you need that. If it is one of the model with Seymour Duncans that is the one!
Quote by wdaubo
iplay all types of metal but nothing super heavy adrk hardcore stuff if that s waht your talking about. Oh and by the way the calssic rock thing doesnt matter too mcu as i do have a fender usa strat

Get the ESP then.
Quote by Genghis_khan
I would go with the ESP if it is not with EMGs on it, nothing against active pups except versatility, and it seems like you need that. If it is one of the model with Seymour Duncans that is the one!

I agree. The one with SDs in it looks like a sweet guitar. Specifically the Eclipse II Vibrato.
Last edited by BurningStarlV at Sep 20, 2009,
emgs can be fairly versitile and they dont have any with duncans near me im most likely going for the eclipse but keep the emgs until i know there no good and if there not the n ill switch them out and fit them in my epi.
Wdaubo
Stuff:
esp no question
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
I'm going to say the Eclipse. The SG is also a fine guitar though, I just personally prefer the neck on the ESP's. That and they're damn sexy.
The pickups can always be changed if you don't like them. The SG is a great guitar and so is the ESP. I personally prefer passive pickups over actives. In case the Gibson's pickups don't do the job, you can always change them. The same goes for the ESP. Try both guitars and see which one feels comfortable in your hands. Playability should be your number one priority. There's no point in having an unplayable guitar with good tone.
You have classic rock covered with the strat, so go all out with an emg equipped eclipse. You will have both ends of the spectrum covered.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
If you are gigging, the SG wins every way. Sure you have classic rock sorta covered with a Strat, but the SG would also cover that as a backup. Then there's also re-sale value somewhere down the road. No contest.
That all said, pick the one that suits you best. Everything else we tell you only comes into play if both are equally excellent in your hands.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Why would the SG have a higher resale value? People who would be interested in buying them would know about ESP, and Gibson's QC right now isn't the best, so an SG built today wont necessarily hold it's value as well as it otherwise would.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
i have both and i use my SG for hardcore and standard tuning stuff
then the ESP for super heavy low tuned things

but if you're playing like metallica or something the SG would be fine,
it just depends on if you know how to eq your amp
YEAH DUDE
I'd go with the standard, but the 61 reissue is better IMO.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Kind of One-sided, isn't it?

Nevertheless, If you're playig Metal, get the eclipse. You will not regret it
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Just get this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ESP-Eclipse-I-Electric-Guitar-Dark-Brown-Sunburst_W0QQitemZ330346946530QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item4cea365fe2&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Quote by wdaubo
emgs can be fairly versitile and they dont have any with duncans near me im most likely going for the eclipse but keep the emgs until i know there no good and if there not the n ill switch them out and fit them in my epi.
^Ebony > Rosewood :P

Anyway ts play both out and see how you like the Eclipse's neck I sometimes find it to too thin but I can't do much about that, and also check out the upper fret access as you may sometimes find it a bit too restrictive.
Quote by Tedis1111
i would say the ESP, they make some great guitars

that
Anything too stupid to be said is sung.