I'm getting extremely much noise out of my ibanez guitar, when I pull the whammy bar and the release it nothing happens but when I press the whammy bar towards the body and then release it. It makes a screaming noise you just can't stand :S When it comes to guitars with a Floyd Rose I'm pretty much a noob so any help is appreciated
Quote by Ekofu
Can you hear any odd noise when it's not plugged into an amp?

nope not any noise at all XP
Quote by ibanezgod1973
spring noise, pack some tissue into the trem cavity.

http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitarpages/EVO/hardware_frameset.html (click the next button 3 times)

I really doubt that it's spring noise. The thing is that it's screaming,buzzing and shouting. and it doesn't stop. it's not when I use the whammy bar it's when I release it afterwards. When I touch the volume- and toneknobs it gets louder!
Last edited by kkquick at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by kkquick
I really doubt that it's spring noise. The thing is that it's screaming,buzzing and shouting. and it doesn't stop. it's not when I use the whammy bar it's when I release it afterwards. When I touch the volume- and toneknobs it gets louder!

... and it's when you release it when the springs in the back go from heavily relaxed back to heavily stretched (on an up-bend) or heavily stretched back to relaxed (on a down-bend). These sudden movements will often result in the springs vibrating strongly, just like your strings; And this is often picked up by your pickups too.

So, until you can give us a sound clip or whatever, that's my guess as well.

Edit: Rereading that, it sounds a bit like grounding-noise as well... Maybe the grounding wire isn't connected properly and gets a bit loose when you move the bridge? Most FR-type trems have the grounding wire soldered onto the trem-claw, so check that.
Last edited by Y00p at Sep 20, 2009,