Hi all,
I've bought myself a nice les paul a few weeks ago and put a bigsby b70 on it don't feel like typing a whole lot cause i just put a whole story in Dutch (i'm from holland) at the biggest dutch guitar forum. Just wanted you guys to see what me and my dad came up with: how to Put a bigsby on a les paul without drilling extra holes into the top.
Here ya go! go ahead tell me what u think

to make a long story short: 2 pieces of alu. underneath the bigsby using the holes from the original tailpiece.

Friendly greetings
Dimitri
The alu pieces were cut out with a jigsaw and a thin grinder. Next we created some space underneath the alu pieces, because the threads sticks about 2 mm above the body. This had to be done in order to get the pieces as close to the body as possible. Used a milling machine to do this. The stock bridge is connected to the body with M8 bolts. Made a thread with M8 outside and M4 inside, and bolted this into the stock bridge mounting place. The pieces are now bolted to the body using the stockholes, using sunkenM4 bolts. Used a beltgrinding machine to get the wedge form to the pieces. Now we bolted the Bigsby upon the custommade pierces, by drilling holes into the pieces and cutting M4 thread into them. The pieces were polished with a buffing wheel, to match the shining Bigsby
Hope it is a bit clear, because it isn't easy to translate to english. Forgot to make some pics, sorry.
Last edited by Dimitri92 at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by Dimitri92
The alu pieces were cut out with a jigsaw and a thin grinder. Next we created some space underneath the alu pieces, because the threads sticks about 2 mm above the body. This had to be done in order to get the pieces as close to the body as possible. Used a milling machine to do this. The stock bridge is connected to the body with M8 bolts. Made a thread with M8 outside and M4 inside, and bolted this into the stock bridge mounting place. The pieces are now bolted to the body using the stockholes, using sunkenM4 bolts. Used a beltgrinding machine to get the wedge form to the pieces. Now we bolted the Bigsby upon the custommade pierces, by drilling holes into the pieces and cutting M4 thread into them. The pieces were polished with a buffing wheel, to match the shining Bigsby
Hope it is a bit clear, because it isn't easy to translate to english. Forgot to make some pics, sorry.

It's good. It looks really nice, so good job. You should try and make a complete tutorial for something like this, since it seems like there are more people who could benefit from this.

Point is,not everyone has acces to all the tools we used.
But i'll look into it It would be great if ya got a 2 thousand dollar gibson and u don't have to drill into it!