i looking for a new amp, i've narrowed my choice down to the roland cube 30x and the vox vt30. i've played the cube and i realy like it especially the clean, and from the videos i've seen of the vox it seems to be a good amp, so i'm stuck on which i should get.
i have a budget of €250, £230 or $370 us.
i play all types of rock, some metal and some blues.
i currently have a epiphone g-400 and a boss ds-1.
any help is greatly appreciated.
I'd get the Vox over the cube, but it depends a bit on you play, because the vox will do pretty much anything well exept high gain modern metal, if you play a lot of this, then get thte Cube
Quote by britishsligean
i only play abit like metallica, black label society and black sabbath

The vox should be able to handle that.
I'd go for the VT30. I generally don't like rolands. And you'll get a good metallica tone if you put it on UK modern and scoop the mids. Your distortion pedal would go perfect with it (i got same pedal).
Quote by maowcat
I'd go for the VT30. I generally don't like rolands. And you'll get a good metallica tone if you put it on UK modern and scoop the mids. Your distortion pedal would go perfect with it (i got same pedal).

i seriously like the ds-1 it's better than the rubbish onboard distortion on my current amp
I'd take the VT30, and I've got a cube. No good for the non-metal stuff (cube that is). But are you just practicing? Maybe you could get a vox AC4, £159. Probably wont do metal but you've money left for some pedals and the tone for practicing would be excellent
Quote by ProgFolk12
I'd take the VT30, and I've got a cube. No good for the non-metal stuff (cube that is). But are you just practicing? Maybe you could get a vox AC4, £159. Probably wont do metal but you've money left for some pedals and the tone for practicing would be excellent

yeah i'm just practising. i would rather get a moddeling amp as i would like some effects but i can't afford the pedals on their own
Ahk seems sensible. VT30 best bet. Unless you intend gigging any time in which case 50 would cover all your needs, but is a bit bigger/heavier/more expensive
Quote by ProgFolk12
Ahk seems sensible. VT30 best bet. Unless you intend gigging any time in which case 50 would cover all your needs, but is a bit bigger/heavier/more expensive

i have no immediate intensions of gigging as i've only started getting good as i've been playing on and off for a year, but recently i got a decent guitar and i just can't put it down, all it needs is a decent amp to play it through.