ok, so ive accumulated a good 1.5k and Iam buying a full new rig...Guitar, Effects, Amp, Cables...hell, even Straps and Picks! anyway, i play mostly classic rock, metal and alternative rock, and a bit of hard rock. my favourite bands are Muse, Rolling Stones, Zeppelin, Purple, A7X, and so it goes. i currently have a fender mex strat which i really like, except the pickups are crap. I have a fairly good overdrive pedal, and im playing thru a bass amp. each of the individual items cant pass 500 bucks, and cant be huge (for amps, 1x12 is an absolute max). what are your suggestions??

thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
USED:
Line 6 Vetta
Line 6 FBV
Schecter C-1 Classic
Dunlop Tortex
Moogami Cables
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
forgot to say, no used. ive had nothing but bad experiences with used gear.
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
How much wattage are you looking for in your amp?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
How much wattage are you looking for in your amp?

practice wattage.

Quote by bluestratplayer
new peavey 6505 1x12. coming out in october 60w all tube.

honestly dont need that much gain or volume
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
^ a vox valvetronix for the amp? im not sure about the rest unfortunately
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
Quote by malashea_GTRST
^ a vox valvetronix for the amp? im not sure about the rest unfortunately

couldnt I get something much better?

ill throw out some ideas ive been having: Peavey Vypyr 60, Sandera II footswitch, fender deluxe player strat, monster cables...thoughts?

thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Last edited by alexdoabismo at Sep 20, 2009,
^Get a Peavey Classic 30, it's a little more than 500 but will do what you want easily.

MFDIT: Also, a Fender Blues Junior ($500), Blackheart BH-5 Little Giant ($350), Bugera V22 ($350), or Blackstar HT-5 ($400) would ALL fall in your budget and do classic rock. HT-5 is my favorite and could do the Zep type stuff and the A7X (as long as a boost was involved for metal).
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Last edited by CullenT at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by alexdoabismo

ill throw out some ideas ive been having: Peavey Vypyr 60, Sanpera II footswitch, ESP/LTD EC-1000, moogami cables

fixed
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
fixed

care to check how much the ec-1000 is?

Quote by CullenT
^Get a Peavey Classic 30, it's a little more than 500 but will do what you want easily.

MFDIT: Also, a Fender Blues Junior ($500), Blackheart BH-5 Little Giant ($350), Bugera V22 ($350), or Blackstar HT-5 ($400) would ALL fall in your budget and do classic rock. HT-5 is my favorite and could do the Zep type stuff and the A7X (as long as a boost was involved for metal).

I was going originally for the Vypyr because of its incredible variety of effects (which all seem pretty good)...would this be something to give up for one of the amps you mentioned?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
^Well, I'm just not a big fan of the Vypyr amps. If you want to go modeling, a Line 6 Vetta 1x12 or Spider Valve 1x12 would make more sense. Also, it should be noted that you shouldn't put effects pedals in front of modeling amps, they just don't work together at all. The Vypyr 60 is a 60w tube amp, meaning you won't be able to crank it all. But the Blackstar is a 5w tube amp that gets nice tube saturation at decent volumes.

My suggestion would be:

-Blackstar HT-5 1x12
-Overdrive, Wah, Fuzz, and Phase effects of your choice
-Mogami Cables
-Super strat of some sort (I.E. Ibanez S or RG series)
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
I second the new Peavey 6505 112, but its a 100$ over your budget.
As for a guitar, you can't go wrong with a high end BC Rich (800$ or so).
As for cables get some Monsters or Mogamis, and picks are a preference, i use Dunlop Ultex Jazz III, and some Dunlop Tortexes 60mm, you might like those.

EDIT: but that would leave you with no pedals. Personally, I only need a Wah, and a nice Analog Delay. So, I'd get an Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah and the Malekko Ekko, or the Carbon Copy.

At least that's how I'd spend that cash, maybe a bit more
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Last edited by soloXshredder at Sep 20, 2009,
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

My god, thanks a lot!! Ive been looking into the new Sterlings a lot, they look really nice.

Anyway, to the guy that said about the blackstar...I cant buy it because replacement tubes would be a b**ch to find here in Brasil...the blackhearts, on the other hand, look awesome! Might seriously go with those.

Ok, so if I got the Handome Devil Blackheart with the 1x10 Blackheart cab (to save space on the trip back) + a set of quality effects pedals, would I be set?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by alexdoabismo
My god, thanks a lot!! Ive been looking into the new Sterlings a lot, they look really nice.

Anyway, to the guy that said about the blackstar...I cant buy it because replacement tubes would be a b**ch to find here in Brasil...the blackhearts, on the other hand, look awesome! Might seriously go with those.

Ok, so if I got the Handome Devil Blackheart with the 1x10 Blackheart cab (to save space on the trip back) + a set of quality effects pedals, would I be set?

Don't sell your self short with the 1x10 cab, get the 1x12, and i dont even think the HD can fit on top of the 1x10.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Yeah, if you're looking to go all new, you're probably going to want to save up more. If you'd be willing to go used, you could stretch your budget so much more. Just because you've had bad experiences with used a few times doesn't mean all used equipment is bad. there have been some people on here that get some really amazing stuff for not more than $400. I'd suggest maybe going new on a guitar, and used on an amp.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60