How is the valve jr 5 watt stack? I play alot of heavier stuff but i like my cleans as well. Would this be worth getting and buying an eq pedal, and distortion pedal to run into it to get a decent heavy sound? Tell me whatchu think. thanks.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
If your looking for a 5 watter, there's much better out there now. It used to be good when there were only a few 5 watters, but now its kinda outdated, have a look at the blackstar ht-5.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
If your looking for a 5 watter, there's much better out there now. It used to be good when there were only a few 5 watters, but now its kinda outdated, have a look at the blackstar ht-5.

Yeah i want that way more than the valve jr but i don't think i can get it. I need to buy used off of craigslist and there's no one around here with one up for sale. There actually is on up there but i emailed the dude like 3 days ago with no response so i don't think he has it anymore.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
agreed with joe perry. i haven't tried the ht5 yet, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its a bit meh for what you want. if you are going to be modding it, then it could be great because you can tweak it. standard, it was nice when it came out since it was one of the few out there (plus it was moddable). if you are going to get one of those plus a decent eq pedal for your tone shaping and a decent distortion pedal for your heavy sounds, at that point you could probably have one of the better 5 watters for what youve spent. maybe not the ht-5, but you could at least pick up the blackheart little giant. still would need a distortion pedal most likely, but at least it sounds better stock IMO.
I have the combo, so it's got a smaller speaker, and I now realize it's not that good of a tone. I would look elsewhere.