For the past few years i've been using a really bad little practice amp. It's about 15 Watts, which is more than enough (I never usually go past 2 on the volume dial), but the sound is muddy, and cheap. I'm looking for a new amp, though i'm not in the market for anything expensive. I won't be gigging with this, just practicing, and i'm in the range of about $100-$300 (though i'd prefer something around $200).

I play mainly alternative rock. No metal. Mainly stuff like early Weezer, QOTSA, Smashing Pumpkins. Stuff that leans to the harder edge, though not completely. I'd like something with a nice warm tone, and good distortion.

Any help is appreciated.
Carvin SX series.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
peavey vyper is a good amp for sure i have one
GEAR
Epiphone SG G 400
Marshall JH-1
Peavy Vyper
Marshall MG 10
Epiphone Thunderbird IV
Hartke A100
Any Roland cube. You'd get the 30x for that but the 20x would probably be enough for you.
Vox AC4
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
If it really is just for practice, maybe even a Bugera V5 and a Big Muff? With QOTSA and Smashing Pumpkins, it really sounds like you'd be wanting a fuzz.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Thanks for the help everyone. Didn't even know that about the Peavey, seems good. Right now my narrowed down list is:

Vox Valvetronix VT15
Peavey Vypyr 15
Roland Cube 20x

Which, out of these, would you guys say is the better amp?
Fender Vibro or Super Champ XD. the Vibro Champ ($199) is 5 watts and the Super Champ ($299) is 15. they both have DSP effects have 16 different voicings. the Super has two channels which are footswitchable along with the effects.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
+1 for either XD, but the Vypyr 15 is pretty good for $100. I have both the Super Champ XD and the Vypyr 15. The SCXD is worth the money.