I'm gonna get a new fat strat. Currently I have a Yamaha Pacifica, and I've tried quite a few guitars. But the fat strat is definitely the guitar for me. I love the sound of humbuckers, but also the feel, weight and looks of strats, and don't like Les Pauls too much, so it's the perfect match for me.

I'm been looking at my options and I've come up with these:

Fender Mexican Fat strat

Squier Affinity Fat Strat

Squier Vintage Modified Strat with the bridge pickup replaced with a Seymour Duncan Humbucker (Looks to be one of the best quality Squiers, so I was thinking it could be an option)

Any more ideas, please say. Please give me your opinions on which would be best for me. Also, do you think The Fender Fat strat could set me for life?

By the way I play Classic Rock, mainly Led Zeppelin (But don't try and make me get a Les Paul! I want a fat strat!) Deep Purple, Rolling Stones, Cream, Queen, The Beatles AC DC, Guns N Roses, other classic bands.
price range - about £400 - but I don't want to waste money pn an expensive guitar when a cheaper one is almost as good, thanks!
fender's highway one series, second-hand one will prolly be arouind 400 if u go talk with the seller.
Quote by wolvenrick
fender's highway one series, second-hand one will prolly be arouind 400 if u go talk with the seller.

This. I want one of these for my next electric. I just need to track down a Daphne Blue/Maple Fretboard SSS. Too bad they were discontinued last January.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray