Page 1 of 2
Has being a musician changed your life at all? Significantly? Minutely? Do you feel that you would be a different person if you didn't play music? Has it had a positive effect or a negative effect? Im really interested to hear some stories.

I think it's made me better. Smarter as well. It really is true that those who play music tend to be better thinkers. (oh god that sounded conceited as f*ck)

try and elaborate a bit, "yes" or "no" is incredibly boring and stupid. have a personality guys, geesh
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Ace88 at Sep 20, 2009,
yes.
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
No.

Ore has it Dun dun DUUUN!!!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
yup
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Fender MIM HSS Strat
Whammy
Crybaby
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Proco Rat
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress
EHX Small Clone
EHX Pulsar Tremolo
Boss RE 20 Space Echo
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Fender Frontman 65R
Absolutely. Music keeps me from being on The Pit all day.

....Wait a minute.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Since I started playing music, Ive built my life around it so yes.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Definitely
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Yup.

EDIT - ^^
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Music hasn't immediately changed my life, but I'm now a completely different person compared to who I was before I've started making music. And that's not only because I'm just another adolescent going through 'changes'
Quote by poopsmith666
thats pretty epic actually.

-Cheap classical guitar
-Cheap western
-Ibanez GRX70 jumpstart package
-Shine bass + Eden Nemesis en8jr 25W
Yes, it has. It's really helped me be myself and be confident in myself. I've met a lot of my friends through music and most of my best friends are musicians or really into music. My life wouldn't be close to the same if it wasn't for music.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by itchy guitar
Absolutely. Music keeps me from being on The Pit all day.

....Wait a minute.

Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Well to be honest if I didn't have some kind of musical path to follow I dunno what i'd be doing. It's given me an amazing purpose and drive and just something to feel good about. So a definate yes.
I can't remember a time when I didn't play music so I would have to say yes. I started learning my first instrument when I was 6.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Definitely. It actually makes me feel like I have something to do in life; it's the only thing I can always enjoy, no matter the circumstance.
kind of; If I didn't play guitar I probably wouldn't be in to all the music I'm into now.. I don't think that would have changed who I'm friends with now, but I wouldn't love gigs and guitar based music as much as I do, and wouldn't make random drunk friends at gigs
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by michal23
Definitely. It actually makes me feel like I have something to do in life; it's the only thing I can always enjoy, no matter the circumstance.

This. Dunno how I'd cope with my gf being so far away for uni if I didn't have my guitars
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Its changed my life massively. Before, I despised music and pretty much had no hobbies. Its made me sharper, busier, and has made me a more thoughtful person. If I didnt start playing guitar, I would probably be spending all of my time and money on video games or something.
Yes, I find that I see the beauty in things more. Before I played guitar I was a shallow person who would only listen to metal. Now I listen to pratically every type of music. Now, when I'm listening to a song I FEEL the music, sometimes it actually brings me to tears. before I would be K koo. I'm more into music then i have ever been. It's amazing.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Unlike some of the above, it's not the actual instrument that has changed me, just the opportunities that have come along due to that
Quote by michal23

*coughcough*FAP!*cough*
Quote by poopsmith666
thats pretty epic actually.

-Cheap classical guitar
-Cheap western
-Ibanez GRX70 jumpstart package
-Shine bass + Eden Nemesis en8jr 25W
Yes, a huge change. I'm smarter than ever, yet I'm antisocial and have 3 personality disorders, an obsession with death and no real friends. In fact, people have said that before they knew me they didn't find me intimidating; now they are scared I might kill someone.

although, perhaps its just released more of the real me!

EDIT: I also do find music sounds different to me since I've got more into playing it - I hear subtleties, feel the music etc

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Last edited by metallicafan616 at Sep 20, 2009,
playing guitar is the only reason why im not still a virgin
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by SGburnsRED
Yes, I find that I see the beauty in things more. Before I played guitar I was a shallow person who would only listen to metal. Now I listen to pratically every type of music. Now, when I'm listening to a song I FEEL the music, sometimes it actually brings me to tears. before I would be K koo. I'm more into music then i have ever been. It's amazing.

This. My friends (who none of which are musically inclined) continually bash the music I like (Im a fan of prog and experimental rock) and they ask me why I like such horrible music. I think I would be a very shallow music listener if I didnt play an instrument. Its opened my eyes to so many things.
What did I do before I played music. Not al lot. What do I do now? Not a lot and play guitar! Yeah, its probably made me more patient, I can't really remember.

It is supposed to raise your IQ though. 8)

I've just remmebred, I used to think Green Day was the pinacle of musical excellence. No more my friends, no offense to Green Day, it has opened my ears to more interesting sounds.
Last edited by Gramble at Sep 20, 2009,
Yes if it wasn't for music and more specifically for guitar, i would probably have become an hero long ago
it's what i want to do when i wake up every morning.

my band has received feedback from people at our shows telling us that we changed their lives. the most moving of the things we were told is that a kid came to one of our shows and we got him to dance. he ended up dancing with some girl and they hit it off. he had such a great time and met this awesome girl and decided to quit doing drugs. he's been clean for two months now.

that is one of those things that made me feel like i was put on this earth for a reason. and if your passion is in music, you can easily touch people. never give up on your dream. ever. if you try hard enough, you can change the world around you one person at a time.
#DTWD
hellz yea, i'm quite easily angered so i'd rather play a lil hard rockin' nightrain than smash someone who's angered me, consequences suck ass...
Quote by primusfan

my band has received feedback from people at our shows telling us that we changed their lives. the most moving of the things we were told is that a kid came to one of our shows and we got him to dance. he ended up dancing with some girl and they hit it off. he had such a great time and met this awesome girls and decided to quit doing drugs. he's been clean for two months now.

that is one of those things that made me feel like i was put on this earth for a reason. and if your passion is in music, you can easily touch people. never give up on your dream. ever. if you try hard enough, you can change the world around you one person at a time.

That's what music is all about.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Yes, I have started to appreciate music more. Before guitar I didn't like music so much, I just used to listen to a couple of crap songs every now and then.
Yes it did, I was always the odd kid in class and once i pick up a guitar people stared taking ot me more ( especially girls ) asking me to play this play that, It made me feel better about my self and I stared to socialize more with people.

So I would say it helped me ALOT! lol
This. My friends (who none of which are musically inclined) continually bash the music I like (Im a fan of prog and experimental rock) and they ask me why I like such horrible music. I think I would be a very shallow music listener if I didnt play an instrument. Its opened my eyes to so many things.

I agree totally. Playing has opened my eyes to so many different kinds of music and has given me an appreciation for it that i wouldn't have had if i didn't play. I also like prog and get **** for it all the time, but i don't care, im listening to what i discovered, not what's on this week's Top 30.

my band has received feedback from people at our shows telling us that we changed their lives. the most moving of the things we were told is that a kid came to one of our shows and we got him to dance. he ended up dancing with some girl and they hit it off. he had such a great time and met this awesome girls and decided to quit doing drugs. he's been clean for two months now.

Wow that's an awesome story. Did you stay in contact with the guy?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I think it has; I didn't really do anything before, I just played video games and watched T.V. all day. Now that I'm into playing and writing music, my life actually has a direction.
Page 1 of 2