C4C.

I'm trying to revive myself, seeing as my latest pieces haven't been up to what I would consider to be my usual standards. The lyrics for this haven't been written yet, although I have ideas. As usual, be honest, be harsh, and most importantly, be constructive. Also, let me know if the extra guitar that's kept clean adds anything; it's just something I threw in, and I'm not sure if it's even worth recording.
Attachments:
Symptom of Insanity.zip
Very cool song! I'd love to hear a studio version with vocals! It's so rare to find requests on UG that aren't death metal or ultra-downtuned black metal (or anything that is remotely close to that)!

I thought overall it had a cool sound and it deserves the title of alt rock. Sounds like really soft punk, or ska.

I can't really say much more, I'm not a very good critique :P

EDIT: There's always place for an extra instrument. I say the studio guitar sounds cool.

C4C? Link in sig.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Sep 20, 2009,
Yeah, there's always a place for an extra instrument.

Just make sure it's not something necessary for live.

XD

Yeah, it really does kinda have that soft punk rock feel.

It sounds good. Now for the vocals.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
cool, rockin' song, herby! actually reminded me of the Cars. everything was catchy and would probably be even catchier with a melody vocal line. I have to say though, I was expecting a solo of some kind, even if it was just very short. the lack thereof didn't detract, but I think a to-the-point, not extended solo would add just that little bit of more depth and improve it. and also, I don't think the title fit the song, but I guess that's dependent on the lyrics.

just my thoughts. overall, good, catchy song, 8/10 + lyrics score.
Quote by gnomieowns
cool, rockin' song, herby! actually reminded me of the Cars. everything was catchy and would probably be even catchier with a melody vocal line. I have to say though, I was expecting a solo of some kind, even if it was just very short. the lack thereof didn't detract, but I think a to-the-point, not extended solo would add just that little bit of more depth and improve it. and also, I don't think the title fit the song, but I guess that's dependent on the lyrics.

just my thoughts. overall, good, catchy song, 8/10 + lyrics score.
Yeah, I just kind of needed something catchy so I wouldn't have to put "Projecta 15"; I'm sure people are sick of it, just this month I've had "Projecta 14", "Projecta 12", and "Projecta 11". I'm actually pretty deaf when it comes to pitches, so tabbing out vocals will take a bit of time.
Just sing out the note and tab in notes until it matches the note you're singing.

lols.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Very colorful and bright sounding i'd say. I like it alot actually, its very well thought out with the leads and intertwined distorted and clean guitar. In my case i barely ever see that so i thought it was good.

The leads and chords were fairly simple but got the job done. The Bridge caught my attention the most at 81.

Overall 7.5/10 with the lyrics and stuff it could easily be an 8-10 depending good work.