Hi guys, so recently I've been GASing for a new guitar (Thats gonna be my own, not the MIM I recently got to share with my dad, and I am selling my ibanez to a dear friend of mine because I have gotten extremly bored with it) and have been looking at Japanese sites like Rakuten Ichiban for something like a les paul but not an epiphone made LP
The problem I have with epiphones is that I'm only willing to spend up to 380$ (because we have plus-tax in my state, damn you David Patterson) and alot of the nice models are like 400$ and up, and I've heard people say some japanese made ones are as good as epiphones, if not better (I think most people have been talking about the Burny/Tokai LPs, can someone tell me if this is true?) also alot of people don't go outside the box and buy something other than an epiphone (I know, ESP eclipse, but I don't particularly want a metal-machine cause I'm bored of seeing NGDs with shred guitars)

Help? Please?
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
your grandma caught you jackin off to friends??!!?!
im not too shocked

Quote by ThinDizzy
+1 Internets to you, sir.

My first intarwebz
Ibanez GRG170>2008 MIM strat (Its my dad's though)>Random 90's Randall tube (My dad's)>GatorGrip2mm
Agile?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
burny and tokai are both good makes, and peeps on the other side of pond rate agile.

you might also consider vintage if they`re available where you are.
mij tokai ftw
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
MIJs are generally great, but i can't see you finding one for less than the price of a chinese epi, unless you're ridiculously lucky. Or unless you go second-hand (and even then). Bear in mind that the cheaper tokais etc. aren't made in japan.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?